英语PK台 第105期:第一次登台演话剧(2)(在线收听) |
Dialogue 2 Jingjing: So how did the play go, Xiao Gao?
京晶:小高,你的话剧演得怎么样?
Xiao Gao: In a nutshell,it went smoothly. At first, I was as pale as a ghost because I was so nervous,but later I was able to find my feet.
小高:总的来说很顺利。开始的时候因为紧张,我的脸像鬼一样苍白。但是之后我就适应了。
Jingjing: Well, that doesn't surprise me. Your acting skills are really top-notch, plus, thanks to my expert help, you were able to pull it off.
京晶:好吧,我听了一点儿也不惊奇。你的演技真的非常棒。再加上有我专业的帮助,你肯定顺利完成。
Xiao Gao: Hey, don't get too ahead of yourself, we only practiced together for an hour!
小高:嘿,不要得意忘形,你只帮了我一个小时而已。
Jingjing: I know I know,I'm just teasing you. But maybe one day we'll see you on the big screen.
京晶:我知道啦,我只是逗你玩儿呢。但是有一天,我没准能在好莱坞电影里看到你。
Xiao Gao: Maybe not. For now, I think I'll stick to acting in small plays.
小高:还没准儿呢,现在我只想继续演小型的戏剧。
习语短语
1. in a nutshell = 总的来说
2. as pale as a ghost = 脸色像鬼一样苍白(挺害怕的)
3. find one's feet =适应环境
4. top-notch = 非常棒
5. plus = 还有
6. thanks to (something) = 多亏
7. pull (something) off = 胜利完成
8. get ahead of oneself =得意忘形
9. the big screen = 好莱坞电影
10. stick to (something) = 坚持做某事 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446038.html |