英语PK台 第150期:求职应聘VS离职解雇(在线收听) |
Dialogue 1: (Jingjing is invited for her first interview with the HR department of alarge software company)
(京晶被一家大型软件公司人力部门邀请参加第一次面试)
Xiao Gao: Thank you for coming, Jingjing, I've run through your resume and I've got a few questions to ask you.
小高:感谢你的到来,京晶,我已经看过了你的简历,我有一些问题想问你。
Jingjing: Yes, of course.
京晶:当然可以,请问。
Xiao Gao: I'm sure that the prerequisites for this position include 2years experience developing business software. You come off strong in that area, could you elaborate a little about your experiences with your previous employer?
小高:申请这个工作的前提条件是有两年开发商业软件的工作经历。在这个方面你已经非常有优势了,你能再细致讲讲你在上一家公司的经历吗?
Jingjing: Well, as I've mentioned, I left that company early as they were starting to cut corners and that was affecting the quality of our work.
京晶:就像我在简历中提到的,我早早地离开了上一家公司是因为他们开始消减开支,这已经影响了工作的质量。
Xiao Gao: So you want to find an organization that holds promise for you in the long run?
小高:所以你想找一家机构能长远地给你品质上的保证?
Jingjing: Yes, I've got my eye on the big picture and my previous employer's policy was coming to be at odds with where I want to go with my career.
京晶:是的,我要从大局考虑。我上一家雇主的决策已经和我自己的职业规划产生了矛盾。
Xiao Gao: What is the attraction in possibly working for our organization?
小高:是什么吸引你来我们公司应聘呢?
Jingjing: I've got to say that I'm drawn to the quality of your products and services, and your reputation precedes you.
京晶:我得说是你们公司产品的质量和服务吸引了我,还有你们的品牌美誉度。
Xiao Gao: It's a mean business and customer service is what sets us apart. Even internally, we operate quite differently from other companies. The onus is on teamwork and collective production.
小高:这是一个不太规范的产业,是好的客户服务将我们与其他公司区分开来。就连我们的内部运转也和其他公司有所不同。责任是落在团队合作和集体生产力上的。
Jingjing: I know, your HR policies are a benchmark in the industry,something I'd like to learn more about.
京晶:我知道,你们的人事条例是产业中的标杆,我非常希望从中好好学习。
习语短语
1. run through = 检验,浏览
2. prerequisites = 前提条件
3. come off strong = 在某方面做得非常好
4. cut corners = 削减开支,偷工减料
5. in the long run = 长远地
6. the big picture = 全局,远景
7. at odds = 矛盾地
8. reputation precedes (someone) = 声名远扬的,在见到某人之前就已经听过他的好名声
9. a mean business = 残忍的、不道德的运作模式;不规范的运作模式
10. sets us apart = 使某人某事不同于其他同类
11. onus = 职责和责任
12. benchmark = 标准,标杆 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446084.html |