英语PK台 第256期:出租车上搞定纽约必去景点(在线收听) |
Dialogue: (Jing Jing is visiting New York for the first time. Xiao Gao plays the part of the taxi driver)
京晶第一次来到纽约,小高扮演出租车司机
JJ:Taxi!... Oh thanks so much for stopping. Do you know how to get to Times Square from here?
京晶:出租车!谢天谢地您停车了,您知道从这儿怎么去时代广场吗?
XG:Sure, hop in! So, is this your first time to The Big Apple?
小高:必须的。上车吧!哟,您这是第一次来纽约?
JJ:Yeah, it sure is. I never thought New York was this big. It reminds me of Shanghai, China.
京晶:当然了,我从没想到纽约竟然这么大,它让我想起了中国的上海。
XG:Oh, you're from China, eh? Wow, that's a long way from New York. When did you land?
小高:噢,您来自中国?哇哦,离纽约很远呢,什么时候到的?
JJ:Yesterday evening. I'm still a little jet lagged.
京晶:昨晚,现在还有点时差疲劳呢。
XG:Well welcome to Manhattan. Where else are you gonna see while you're here?
小高:欢迎来到曼哈顿,在这儿停留的日子里还打算去其他什么地方瞧瞧?
JJ:I'm planning on visiting Central Park and of course, theEmpire State Building. Hey, maybe you could tell me some good places to visit?
京晶:我计划中央公园看看,当然了,还有帝国大厦。嘿,也许您能告诉我一些游玩好去处?
XG:It'd be my pleasure! I think you should add the statue of liberty to your list, it's a must-see.
小高:我的荣幸。我想您应该把自由女神像列入游览名单吧,这可是必去之地呀。
JJ:Oh, that's a great idea.
京晶:嗯,好主意。
XG:If you're into animals, you should check out the Bronx Zoo. The 9/11 memorial is also a place you can't miss. And since you're a lady, I bet you like shopping, right?
小高:如果你喜欢动物的话,可以去布朗克斯动物园动物园看看,当然911纪念地也是不容错过的地方。既然您是位女士,我猜一定喜欢购个物吧?
JJ:That's right!
京晶:没错!
XG:Well then you'll love downtown Manhattan. There's enough shopping malls there to keep you busy for days. But make sure you save some money for Coney Island, too. There's lots of things to do there. If you still have enough energy, you should check out New York's nightlife. You won'tbe disappointed.
小高:那您一定喜欢曼哈顿闹市区,那儿太多的商场够您逛好几天的。但是记得也要为康尼岛留点钱,那儿可做的事太多了。如果您还有精力,您应该好好感受纽约的夜生活,你一定会喜欢的。
JJ:Thanks so much, those are some great tips!
京晶:非常感谢啊!这些小攻略太棒了!
XG:Here we are, Times Square! That'll be $32.50.
小高:我们到了,时代广场,一共32.5美元。
JJ:Here's $35, keep the change. By the way, can you tell me how to get to the music store?
京晶:这是35美元,您留着小费吧。对了,您能告诉我怎么去音乐商店吗?
XG:Sure, walk two blocks east. You'll see it on your right.Good luck!
小高:当然,向东走过两条街,右手边就是。祝您好运!
New words for dialogue:
hop in = get in the car 上车
The Big Apple = New York City 纽约市
It reminds me of… = 让我想起…
When did you land? = When did you arrive? 你什么时候到达的?
Jet lagged = tired from the time difference between twoplaces 由时差引起的疲劳
A must-see = 非要去看不可的地方
Into [something] = like [something] 喜欢(某事)
Check out = 去看看
A place you can't miss = 非要去看不可的地方
Nightlife = The atmosphere after dark 夜生活
You won't be disappointed = 你一定会喜欢的
Keep the change = You can keep the tip 收着小费 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446400.html |