英语PK台 第327期:从ABC开始扔掉字幕看《老友记》(78)(在线收听

   地点:莫妮卡公寓客厅

  人物:钱德勒,莫妮卡
  事件:钱德勒选择了从事广告业,并向莫妮卡好好展示了一番自己编广告词的能力。
  Monica: Okay, I have looked through a bunch of career guides, photocopied and highlighted key passages and put them into alphabetical folders so you can make an informed decision.
  莫妮卡:好了,我通读了各种求职指导,将关键部分进行了影印和标注,并按照首字母归类放到不同的文件夹里了,这样你就可以做出明智的选择了。
  Chandler: How long was I in there?
  钱德勒:我在浴室里面待了多久?
  Monica: Okay. Let's start with the A's. Advertising.
  莫妮卡:好。现在从A打头的开始。广告。
  Chandler: Wait. Advertising! That's a great idea!
  钱德勒:等等。广告!这主意不错!
  Monica: Don't you want to look through the rest?
  莫妮卡:你不再看看其它的了吗?
  Chandler: I don't think I have to hear the rest. Advertising makes perfect sense. Sorry you had to waste all this time, though.
  钱德勒:用不着了。我觉得广告特别好。对不起,让你浪费了这么多的时间。
  Monica: You call eight hours alone with my label maker wasted time? Ooh, now I get to use my shredder!
  莫妮卡:你觉得与我的标签机八个小时的独处是浪费时间吗?哦,现在我又可以用碎纸机了!
  Chandler: I mean, I can write slogans. I mean, how hard can it be, right? "Cheese. It's milk that you chew." "Crackers. Because your cheese needs a buddy." "A grape. Because who can get a watermelon in your mouth?"
  钱德勒:我是说,我可以写广告词。那能难到哪儿去,对吧?“奶酪:可以咀嚼的牛奶。”“薄脆饼:给奶酪一个伴。”“葡萄:谁嘴里能装得下一个西瓜。”
  Monica: I got one. "Socks. Because your family's feet deserve the best."
  莫妮卡:我想到了一句:“袜子:给家人的脚最好的呵护。”
  Chandler: Honey? Leave it to the pros.
  钱德勒:亲爱的,还是让专家来吧。
  Monica: I actually know someone in advertising. I grew up with this guy who is a vice president at a big agency. Maybe I can get him to meet you? Give me the phone.
  莫妮卡:我在广告业有熟人。我小时候的一个玩伴现在是一家大广告公司的副总裁。我可以介绍你给他认识。把电话给我。
  Chandler: "The phone. Bringing you closer to people... who have phones."
  钱德勒:“电话:拉近有电话的人之间的距离”。
  Monica: "Marriage. It's not for everybody."
  莫妮卡:“婚姻:并非人人都适合拥有”。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/446615.html