乔布斯传 第435期:乔尼·艾弗(7)(在线收听) |
That was the fundamental principle Jobs and Ive shared. 这就是乔布斯和艾弗所一致认同的基本原则。 Design was not just about what a product looked like on the surface. 设计不仅是关于产品的外观。
It had to reflect the product's essence. 而且必须要反映出产品的精髓。
"In most people's vocabularies, design means veneer," Jobs told Fortune shortly after retaking the reins at Apple. “在大多数人看来,设计就和镶嵌工艺差不多,”乔布斯在重新接管苹果后对《财富》杂志说,
"But to me, nothing could be further from the meaning of design. “但是对于我而言,‘设计’一词绝无任何引申含义。
Design is the fundamental soul of a man-made creation that ends up expressing itself in successive outer layers." 设计是一个人工作品的核心灵魂,并最终由外壳表达出来。”
As a result, the process of designing a product at Apple was integrally related to how it would be engineered and manufactured. 这样一来,苹果公司的产品设计过程就和工程及制造结合到了一起。
Ive described one of Apple's Power Macs. 艾弗这样描述苹果Power Mac系列:
"We wanted to get rid of anything other than what was absolutely essential," he said. “只要不是绝对必需的部件,我们都会想办法去掉,”他说,
"To do so required total collaboration between the designers, the product developers, the engineers, and the manufacturing team. “为达成这一目标,就需要设计师、产品开发人员、工程师以及制作团队的通力合作。
We kept going back to the beginning, again and again. 我们一次次地返回到最初,不断问自己:
Do we need that part? Can we get it to perform the function of the other four parts?" 我们需要那个部分吗?我们能用它实现其他4部分的功能吗?” |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/qbsz/447101.html |