美国小学英语教材3:第97课 驯鹿王国(6)(在线收听

   First he helped his father and brothers set up the tent. 首先,他要帮助父亲和哥哥们搭起帐篷。

  Then he ran to find stones to make a good fireplace in the middle of the tent floor. 接着他跑去找些石头好在帐篷中心的地上搭个好一点的篝火点。
  Just as his mother was finishing the fireplace, Ivan came running in with an arm-load of wood. 就在他的妈妈搭好篝火点的时候,伊万怀里抱着木柴跑了进来。
  But Ivan's work was not yet done. 伊万的活还没有做完。
  As soon as dinner was over, his mother smiled at him and said, "I hope we can have soft beds to sleep on tonight. 晚饭一结束,妈妈就笑着对他说,我希望我们今晚能睡在柔软的床上。
  For a whole week, now, we have been sleeping on the ground." 整整一周了,我们都是睡在地上的。
  In a moment the boy was outdoors, looking for soft moss and cutting small branches. 伊万立刻出去了,他找了些松软的苔藓并砍了些小树枝。
  He carried many arm-loads of these back to the tent, and over them his mother spread skins to make beds for the whole family. 他用胳膊抱着搬了好多次,才把它们全搬进帐篷,妈妈在上面铺上驯鹿皮,给全家人铺床。
  Some of the moss and branches Ivan spread on the tent floor to keep it warm. 伊万在帐篷的地上又铺了一些苔藓和树枝,让地面暖和些。
  That night before Ivan went to sleep on his bed of soft moss, 那天晚上,在睡觉之前,伊万在自己柔软的苔藓床上,
  he pulled his warm reindeer skin tightly about him and sang to himself the little song his mother had taught him: 拉过暖和的驯鹿皮,紧紧地裹住自己,然后他给自己唱了首妈妈教的小曲。
  With you, kind reindeer, 温顺的驯鹿啊,有了你,
  I always will go to look for green pastures down under the snow. 我总会前行去寻找那雪底下如茵的牧场
  For you give me milk to drink every day, 每一天你都会给我奶喝
  And you run like the wind 你奔跑如风
  With my little Lapp sleigh. 拉着我小小的拉普兰雪橇前行。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d3c/447254.html