英语PK台 第526期:不到长城非好汉,给外国人推荐长城游览路线(2)(在线收听

   Dialogue 1

  Mark: Jingjing, I'm glad you suggested coming to the Great Wall.
  马克:京晶,很开心你建议我们来登长城。
  Jingjing: Yeah, we sure picked a nice day for it.
  京晶:是啊,我们确实挑了个好天儿来爬。
  Mark: Let's go see about tickets.
  马克:我们去看看门票吧。
  Jingjing: Would you like to practice your Chinese?
  京晶:你想来练习一下中文吗?
  Mark: Sure. Let me talk to them.
  马克:当然。让我来跟他们说。
  (Mark comes back with information about the tickets.)
  马克了解到票的信息后回来了
  Mark: Well, there are three ways up: a chairlift, a gondola, or a hike.
  马克:嗯,有三条路上去:登山吊椅,缆车,或者徒步爬上去。
  Jingjing: What about the way down?
  京晶:那下来呢?
  Mark: There's also a toboggan.
  马克:也有雪橇啊 。
  Jingjing: That sounds like fun. We should definitely do that.
  京晶:这个听上去还挺好玩的。我们一定要玩一次。
  Mark: OK. Then the best way might be to hike up to the wall, and take the toboggan down.
  马克:好的。那最好的方法可能就是徒步爬上去(长城),然后坐雪橇下来。
  Jingjing: Then we just pay the entrance fee and whatever it costs for the toboggan, right?
  京晶:那我们就只付门票钱,然后再看雪橇怎么花费,对吗?
  Mark: Exactly. But it's not much more for the chairlift. It's run by the same company.
  马克:对。但是也不会比登山吊椅贵多少,是同一家公司来负责经营的。
  Jingjing: Yeah, but I'm eager to start hiking. Plus, we can make a loop of it.
  京晶:但是我迫不及待想要徒步了。另外,我们可以走一个环形。
  Mark: That sounds good. There's a shuttle bus that will take us to the entrance.
  马克:不错。这儿有摆渡车带我们去入口处。
  Jingjing: You mean we still have to take another bus?
  京晶:你的意思是,我们还需要再坐一辆车过去?
  Mark: It's just a short ride. We'll be hiking in a few minutes.
  马克:只是很短的一段路。几分钟后我们就可以开始徒步了。
  New words: 习语短语:
  go see about 去查看,安排,了解情况 (go to try to arrange, or check out)
  chairlift 登山吊椅(chairs pulled by a cable-way up a mountain)
  gondola 索道,缆车 (enclosed cars pulled by a cable-way up a mountain)
  tobaggan 雪橇 (sled, sometimes on a track)
  it's not much more for 不需多花更多(it doesn't cost much extra for)
  run 运营 (operated)
  loop 环形 (a round trip, not coming back along the same trail/road)
  Dialogue 2
  Jingjing and Mark have hiked up to the wall.
  京晶和马克一路向城墙徒步而行
  Jingjing: Wow, what a view!
  京晶:哇!风景真好啊!
  Mark: You're telling me. Want to take a rest for a while?
  马克:可不是吗!想要休息一下吗?
  Jingjing: What are you pooped out already?
  京晶:怎么你已经精疲力尽了吗?
  Mark: No, not me.
  马克:我?我不累啊
  Jingjing: Me neither. Anyway, it'd be nice to hike along the wall for a while.
  京晶:我也不累啊。再说了,沿着城墙一路徒步上来还是很爽的!
  Mark: That's what we're here for.
  马克:这就是我们来这儿的原因。
  Jingjing: Which way is the toboggan?
  京晶:雪橇是哪个方向?
  Mark: It's that way. You can almost see it from here.
  马克:是那条路。你从这儿差不多就能看见。
  Jingjing: Let's go up the other way first. When we start to feel tired, let's turn around.
  京晶:那我们先从另一条路上去吧。当我们开始感觉有点累了,就折返。
  Mark: That sounds pretty good.
  马克:听上去不错。
  Jingjing: I bet you'll get tired before I do.
  京晶:我打赌你一定比我先累。
  Mark: Wanna make it interesting?
  马克:想打起精神玩点有趣的吗?
  Jingjing: How so?
  京晶:咋着?
  Mark: Whoever gets tired first has to pay for dinner.
  马克:谁先累谁来买晚餐。
  Jingjing: You're on!
  京晶:没问题!
  New words: 习语短语:
  You're telling me. 还用你告诉我吗?可不是吗 (You're describing something that I can see also, or that might be even more obvious to me than it is to you.)
  pooped out 筋疲力尽 (tired, physically exhausted, not able to do more)
  make it interesting 打赌,来真的,来点刺激的 (bet money on something, or use some other kind of leverage)
  You're on! 我参加,我愿意跟你竞争 (I agree to compete with you.)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/447376.html