向前一步:第115期 真实地表达自己的想法与情绪(11)(在线收听

   One day, she and I hosted a tricky client meeting. 有一天,我们一起主持一个有点儿棘手的客户会议,

  She navigated the discussion effectively, and after the clients left, I praised her effort. 期间她准确、高效地引导了讨论方向。在客户们离开后,我称赞了她的努力。
  She paused and said, "Thanks, but you must have ideas for me on what more I could have done." 她犹豫片刻然后说:“谢谢。不过,对于我还能做些什么,你肯定有一些更好的建议。”
  "How can I do better?" “我怎样能做得更好?”
  "What am I doing that I don't know?" “有什么是我正在做但实际上我并不太懂的?”
  "What am I not doing that I don't see?" “有什么是我没注意到而导致我没有做好的?”
  These questions can lead to many benefits. 提出这些问题会对你有很多好处。
  And believe me, the truth hurts. 相信我,事实真相会带来痛苦。
  Even when I have solicited feedback, any judgment can feel harsh. 尽管当我收集到了反馈,任何批评的声音听起来都那么刺耳,
  But the upside of painful knowledge is so much greater than the downside of blissful ignorance. 但知道真相的痛苦总比蒙在鼓里的快乐要有益得多。
  Requesting advice can also help build relationships. 征求他人的建议还有助于人际关系的建立。
  At Facebook, I knew that the most important determinant of my success would be my relationship with Mark. 在脸谱网,我知道自己成功的决定性因素就是与扎克伯格的关系。
  When I joined, I asked Mark for a commitment that he would give me feedback every week so that anything that bothered him would be aired and discussed quickly. 刚加入脸谱网时,我就请扎克伯格承诺每周给我提供反馈,让他困扰的任何问题都可以及时提出并共同讨论。
  Mark not only said yes but immediately added that he wanted it to be reciprocal. 他不仅答应了这个请求,而且马上补充说他希望这是个互动的过程。
  For the first few years, we stuck to this routine and voiced concerns big and small every Friday afternoon. 最初几年里,我们坚持这样做,每周五下午都会探讨半天。
  As the years went by, sharing honest reactions became part of our ongoing relationship. 随着时光的流逝,真诚的互动已经成为我们工作的一部分。
  Now we do so in real time rather than waiting for the end of the week. 现在我们不会专等周五,而是每天都会抽空交流。
  I wouldn't suggest that all relationships need this much feedback—there is such a thing as asking for too much—but for us, it has been critically important. 我当然不是说所有的关系都需要这么多的交流反馈,但对我们来说,这个过程相当重要。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xqyb/447414.html