英语PK台 第585期:《老友记》900句(35)(在线收听

   地点:莫妮卡和瑞秋公寓

  人物:老友六人
  事件:罗斯收养了一只猴子,向大家介绍自己的这位“新朋友”。
  Ross: Guys? There's uh, somebody I'd like you to meet.
  罗斯:大伙请注意!我想给大家介绍一个朋友!
  All: Oooh!
  大家:哦!
  Monica: W-wait. What is that?
  莫妮卡:等—等等。那是什么?
  Ross: "That" would be Marcel. You wanna say hi?
  罗斯:“那”是马塞尔。想跟他打个招呼吗?
  Monica: No, no, I don't.
  莫妮卡:不,不,我不想。
  Rachel: Oh, he is precious! Where did you get him?
  瑞秋:哦,他真可爱。你从哪儿弄的啊?
  Ross:My friend Bethel rescued him from some lab.
  罗斯:我朋友贝瑟尔把他从实验室里救出来的。
  Phoebe: That is so cruel! Why? Why would a parent name their child Bethel?
  菲比:太残忍啦!为什么?怎么会有家长给孩子取“贝瑟尔”这种名字?
  Chandler: Hey, that monkey's got a Ross on its ass!
  钱德勒:嘿,那猴子的屁股上长了个罗斯!
  Monica: Ross, is he gonna live with you, like, in your apartment?
  莫妮卡:罗斯,它要和你住在一起吗?住你公寓里?
  Ross: Yeah. I mean, it's been kinda quiet since Carol left, so…
  罗斯:对。我想说,卡罗尔离开后,家里就有点儿冷冷清清的,所以……
  Monica: Why don't you just get a roommate?
  莫妮卡:你怎么不找个室友呢?
  Ross: Nah, I don't know. I think you reach a certain age, having a roommate is kinda pathe... sorry, that's, that's "pathet", which is Sanskrit for "really coolway to live".
  罗斯:嗯,不知道啊。我感觉人到了一定年纪之后,跟室友一起住是有点儿悲……抱歉,是,应该是“pathet”,是梵语,意思是“很酷的生活方式”。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/448018.html