英语PK台 第623期:生活效率要提高,拖延必须要克服(在线收听

 Dialogue 1

Jingjing: Hey, Mark. Did you get those dialogues written for our show?
京晶:嘿,马克,你给我们节目做的对话写好了吗?
Mark: Um, I worked on it. But I'm not quite finished yet.
马克:嗯……我正在写呢。但是我还没写完呢。
Jingjing: May I ask, how many of them have you finished?
京晶:我能不能问一句,你完成了多少了?
Mark: I don't want to lie to you, Jingjing. I really haven't made much of a start.
马克:我也不想对你说谎,京晶,差不多也就刚起了个头。
Jingjing: Mark, I don't want to scold you, but we're going to need those dialogues quite soon.
京晶:马克,我也不想责备你了,但是我们很快就需要这些对话了。
Mark: I know, I know. I just keep putting it off.
马克:我知道,我知道。我只不过是在持续地推迟搁置罢了。
Jingjing: We've talked about it a few times. Some other radio shows are about news or chit chat.
京晶:就这事儿我们可是说了好几次了。其他的一些广播节目都是关于新闻和话题聊天的。
Mark: Yes, and our show is about real English in everyday situations.
马克:是的,我们的节目是关于每天生活情景中的真实使用的英语的。
Jingjing: That's right. We can't just sit in the studio and talk about the studio.
京晶:没错。我们总不能坐在直播间里聊直播间吧!
Mark: Ha ha. I'll have to stop procrastinating.
马克:哈哈,我必须要停止拖延了。
Jingjing: At least you know what the problem is.
京晶:至少你知道问题在哪儿了。
Mark: Expect some good news next week.
马克:期待下周有一些好消息。
Jingjing: I will.
京晶:我会的。
New words: 习语短语
I worked on it. 我已经部分完成了这个工作
(Alternately I'm working on it.)
(I did some work, but not all.)
Made much of a start 已经开头了,也可指工作已经完成了相当一部分了
(Alternately made quite a start) (In the positive, this means a person has gotten a good part of their work done.)
putting it off 推迟
(delaying it voluntarily)
chit chat 闲聊
(small talk)
procrastinating 拖延
(putting things off, not being diligent)
Dialogue 2
Mark: I've been reading about procrastination.
马克:我最近在读一些关于拖延的资料。
Jingjing: How is procrastination different from being too busy to do something right away.
京晶:拖延跟因太忙而不能立即做某事有何不同?
Mark: When someone procrastinates, they know they have time,but make excuses to delay a work project.
马克:当一个人拖延的时候,他们知道他们还有时间,但是找借口推迟一个工作项目。
Jingjing: Everybody procrastinates, right?
京晶:每个人都拖延,对吗?
Mark: Yes, but one out of five people is a chronic procrastinator.
马克:是的。但是五个人里有一个是积习难改的拖延症。
Jingjing: So, how can someone break the habit of procrastinating?
京晶:那,一个人如何改掉拖延这个习惯呢?
Mark: Well, one piece of advice is to not make so many deadlines for yourself.
马克:嗯,其中一条建议就是,不要给自己设那么多的完成任务的最后期限。
Jingjing: Wait, not make so many deadlines for yourself?
京晶:等会儿,不要给自己设那么多的最后期限?
Mark: No, not make so many deadlines for yourself. Let other people remind you, even if it's your friends.
马克:不要。不要给自己设那么多的最后期限,让别人来提醒你(催你),哪怕是你的朋友。
Jingjing: Anything else?
京晶:还有别的吗?
Mark: Yes. It's best to set those reminders closer to the actual deadline.
马克:有,最好把那些提醒设置在离真正的最后期限更近的时候。
Jingjing: That sounds like a way of putting things off.
京晶:这听上去就像推迟事情的一种方式呢。
Mark: It isn't. If people remind themselves too early, they get used to ignoring the work project.
马克:并不是。如果人们太早提醒自己,他们就会习惯性忽略工作项目。
Jingjing: Hmm. That makes sense. But I still don't understand why people don't do work as soon as they have the chance to get started.
京晶:嗯,有道理。但是我还是不明白人们为什么不在有机会立即开始的工作的时候就着手开始呢?
New words: 习语短语
one out of five people 五分之一
(20% of the people surveyed, results from research)
chronic procrastinator 慢性拖延症 习惯性拖延
(Someone who often puts off their work and has trouble getting things done)
break the habit 改掉坏习惯
(stop an addiction or a bad behavior)
deadlines 任务完成的最后期限
(dates and times when work projects need to be finished)
set 设定
(make, appoint)
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/yypkt/448434.html