外贸英语话题王 第101期:注册程序(在线收听

   Register procedures 注册程序

  Hi.Mr. Brown. What brings you here today? 你好,布朗先生。今天什么风把你吹来了?
  Hi.Mr. Wu. Long time no see. 你好,吴先生。好久不见,
  I've come to register a trade mark. 我今天是来给商标注册的。
  It seems to me that you have put much more stress on trade mark registration now than before. 看来你比以前更重视商标注册的事情了。
  Yes, our product, color TV, sells well in your market. 不错,我方的彩电在这儿很畅销。
  In order to uphold our right and profits, we think it is high time to have it registered. 为了维护我方的权益,我想该在这儿注册商标。
  How right you are! 你说的对,
  As a saying goes, the trade mark is an inseparable part of the commodity and an intangible asset of an enterprise. 有道是商标是商品不可分割的一部分,它也是企业的无形资产。
  That's why I've come here. 确实如此。
  Well, Mr. Wu, could you give me a brief account of the registration here? 这就是我今天来这的缘由。哦,吴先生,你能否就商标注册的事情简单给我讲讲?
  With pleasure. 当然可以。
  When a foreign enterprise makes application for trade mark registration in China, 如果外国企业打算将其商标在中国注册,
  he should entrust a represen- tative from the Trademark Office of CCPIT to go through the for malities. 他应委托中国国际贸易促进会的代理人代办手续。
  Generally speaking, the following documents are needed: 一般来讲,需要提供这些文件:
  an application in duplicate, power of attorney in duplicate and a certificate of nationality. 申请书的副本,委托书的副本和国籍证书一份。
  How long do we have to wait before we get the approval after handling in the application? 通过申请后我们要等多久才能收到对申请注册商标的批准书呢?
  Not too long. 不太长,
  The Trademark Office examines the application, issues preliminary approval and publishes the trademark. 商标注册机构审查申请,发布初步批准书和公布已注册的商标,
  All these will take two or three months. 通常这一过程要花费两三个月时间。
  How long will the registered trademark remain valid. 商标有效期是多长时间?
  Ten years from the date of registration. 从核准注册那天算起10年。
  What if we want to continue to use the trademark? 如果以后我想继续使用注册商标怎么办?
  You have to apply for a renewal within five months before expiry. 那就得在期满5个月内申请继续注册。
  Each renewal is good for ten more years. 每次继续注册有效期为10年。
  Can we assign a trademark to another person or company? 我们可以把商标转让给另一个人或者另一家公司吗?
  Yes, you can. 可以。
  How can we do this? 那么怎么转让呢?
  You can do this by filing a joint application with the assignee with the Trademark Office. 你们可以和受让人共同向商标局提出申请。
  The assignee should, of course, guarante the quality of the goods when he uses the registered trademark. 受让人应当保证使用注册商标的商品质量。
  Now I am clear about the procedure and details about trademark application. 现在我对商标申请程序和相应细节清楚多了。
  Thank you very much. 非常感谢您。
  You are welcome. 不用客气。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyhtw/449610.html