外贸英语话题王 第136期:说明解释(在线收听

   Explanation  说明解释

  Jack, can I have a word? 杰克,我能和你说句话吗?
  Well, yes, as long as it is a word.  嗯,可以,只要是一句话就行,
  I've got a meeting in three minutes. 三分钟以后我要开会。
  We are all busy people, Jack. 杰克,我们都是大忙人啊。
  Yes, well, what can I do for you? 是啊,那找我有什么事啊?
  It's about those GW35s for CNOC. 是有关于卖给CNCC公司那批GW35s的问题。
  Mark was asking about them yesterday.  昨天马克也问起这件事情。
  No problem. It's all sorted out. 没问题,一切都已经解决了。
  It may be sorted out now, Jack, but it put us in a very embarrassing situation.  也许眼下问题解决了,杰克。可是这件事情使我们处于非常被动的局面。
  We told Roman he'd have complete order by the end of the month. 我们原来通知罗曼,全部订货于本月底之前交付。
  We had delivery problems ourselves.  我们自己也遇到了交货问题。
  I've already explained all that. 我原来都解释清楚了。
  Frankly, I'm not interested in explanations.  坦率地说,我对解释不感兴趣。
  I'm more interested in being able to deliver goods on time. 我所感兴趣的是能不能按时交货。
  Oh, come on, Jane—be resonable.  啊,好了,杰尼,你要通情达理。
  How can my people produce the units if we're missing a vital component? 如果我们缺少一种关键的元件,我们的工人怎么能生产出设备呢?
  It shouldn't have been missing.  这种元件本来就不该缺的。
  It's not good enough, Jack.  杰克,你的理由不充分。
  My team is out there in a very competitive market, fighting for orders.  我的人马在竞争非常激烈的市场上正在为争取订单而拼命。
  When we get customers, they're entitled to good service.  我们一旦找到客户,就应该给他们提供优质的服务。
  They want deliveries too.  他们需要的是按时交货,而不是借口。
  If we weren't selling the units, would you be interested in my excuses? 对于我们来说也是如此。如果我们卖不掉这些设备,你对我的借口感兴趣吗?
  OK, point taken. 好,我明白你的意思了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyhtw/449726.html