美国小学英语教材5:第7课 神奇的牛奶罐(5)(在线收听

   Philemon went forward, saying in the heartiest tone: "Welcome, strangers! Welcome!" 菲利蒙走上前去,用最热诚的语气说,欢迎你们,陌生人!欢迎你们!

  "Thank you!" replied the younger of the two. 谢谢您!两个陌生人中较为年轻的人回答说。
  "This is quite another greeting than the one we have met with in the village. 这与我们在那个村庄里遇见的问候完全不同。
  Those children — the little rascals! — have spattered us from head to foot with their mud-balls; 那些孩子小淘气鬼们!用他们的泥球把我们浑身上下都弄脏了;
  and one of the curs has torn my cloak, which was ragged enough already." 其中的一只恶狗撕破了我的斗篷,它已经破的不能再破了。
  He was dressed in rather an odd way, with a sort of cap on his head, the brim of which stuck out over both ears. 他穿的相当奇怪,头上带着一种类似帽子的东西,耳朵上面的帽檐往上翘起。
  Though it was summer-time, he wore a cloak. 虽然正值夏天,他却披着斗篷。
  Philemon saw, too, that he had on a strange-looking pair of shoes. 菲利蒙还看见他穿着一双样子奇怪的鞋。
  The Marvelous Staff 不同寻常的手杖
  One thing certainly seemed queer. 有一件事情看起来确实很奇怪。
  The traveler was so wonderfully light and active that it appeared as if his feet sometimes rose from the ground of their own accord. 旅行者很轻快灵活,看起来好像他的脚有时候自动的从地面上升起来一样。
  "I used to be light-footed in my youth" said Philemon to the traveler. 我年轻时候的脚步也很轻快,菲利蒙对那个旅行者说。
  "But I always found my feet grow heavier toward night-fall." 但是我总感觉到了傍晚以后,我的脚就越来越沉重了。
  "There is nothing like a good staff to help one along," answered the stranger; "and I happen to have an excellent one, as you see." 什么也比不上一根好手杖可以一直帮助你走路。那个陌生人回答说,正如你所见,我恰好有一根非常不错的手杖。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/mgxxyyjc/d5c/449741.html