外贸英语话题王 第148期:居住咨询(在线收听

   Residency  居住咨询

  Professor Zhang, recently I am working on a paper about immigration.  张教授,最近我正在写一篇关于入境的论文,
  I ran across some difficulties in my paper.  现在我的论文遇到一点麻烦,
  Could you help me out? 您能帮我解决一下吗?
  Yes, sure. What is it?  当然可以啊。是什么问题?
  Just go ahead.  尽管问吧。
  I have told you that do not hesitate to turn to me whenever you are in trouble. 我跟你们说过无论什么时候遇到问题都一定要来找我。
  Thank you do much.  真的非常感谢您。
  That's very kind of you.  您实在是太好了。
  There is a chapter in my paper about the right of residency a foreigner has in another country.  我的论文中有一章是关于外国人入境者的居留权问题,
  Could you give some information about it? 您能给我讲讲这方面的知识吗?
  No problem. In accordance with the laws in the host country and abtain long-term, short term or permanent residency. 没问题。根据所在国的法律和有关的国际条约或协定,可以在该国短期、长期或永久居留。
  Amazing.  真是不可思议。
  Does it mean that any foreigner can obtain residency? 这是不是说任何一个外国入境者都有居留权?
  Not exactly.  不完全是这样的。
  Foreigners who can not obtain long term residency before he or she asks for and gets permission. 外国人未经请求并获得许可不能在一国领土内长期居留。
  So, if a foreigner wants to obtain long term residency in another country, he or she has to apply for it first and then wait for permission. 因此,假如外国公民想获得长期居留权就必须先申请然后再等候被批准。
  You are perfectly right. 你说的完全正确。
  Are there any regulations and rules for foreigners to obey if they obtain residency in another country? 当外国人所在国取得居留权后有什么要遵守的规章制度吗?
  Of course there are.  当然有。
  The obligations and rights of a foreigner are stipulated by the host country while he or she is in the period of residency.  外国人在居留期间的权利和义务有居住国的法律规定。
  Foreigners ought to obey the laws and regulations of the host country. 外国人应遵守居住过的法律。
  So, these are the obligations foreigners must obey, right? 那么这些就是外国人要遵守的规章制度了,对吗?
  Yes. And at the same time the host country is responsible for protecting the lawful rights and interests of them. 是的,不过与此同时,居住国对外国人的合法权益应予以保护。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyhtw/449751.html