外贸英语话题王 第150期:保险纠纷(在线收听

   4.Disputes over Insurance  保险纠纷

  As you may recall the June consignment arrived at India seriously damaged. 你也许记得,6月份发运到印度的那批货破损严重。
  The loss through breakage was over 30% of the consignment.  破碎损失超过这批货的30%。
  We've presented a claim to the underwriters through your firm, but the insurance company refused to admit liability,as there was no insurance on breakage.  我们已经通过你们公司向保险公司提出了索赔,但保 险公司以没有投保破碎险为由,拒绝承担责任。
  We naturally were not satisfied with such a reply.  我们当然对这种答复不满意。
  I'd like to hear what Mr. Li has to say about it. 我想听听李先生对此的看法。
  You know, the loss in question was beyond the coverage granted by us. 你说的损失并不包括在我们承保的责任范围内。
  According to your instructions. We made out an insurance certificate covering WAP and the risk of breakage wasn't mentioned in it. 根据你们的要求,我们出具了投保水渍险 的保险凭证,但没提及到破碎险。
  In the letter of credit only coverage for all marine risks was requested.  信用证只要求投保“综合海运险”。
  I'd like to point out that our prices were calculated without insurance for any special risk.  我想要指出的是,我们的价格没把任何特殊险计算在内,
  So we applied for the usual WAP coverage and let our customers deal with the matter of breakage. 所以我们只投保了通常的水渍险,而让我 们的客户自相办理破碎险事宜。
  Mr. King. we presume that the wording of our UC implies covering the risk of breakage.  金先生,我认为信用证的措辞包含了投保破碎险。
  Besides,when I take a WAP insurance which is with particular average. 此外,我投保水渍险时, 那就是对单独海损要负责赔偿,
  I think the risk of breakage is a particular average, isn't it? 我想破碎险是属于一种单独海损对不对?
  Not every breakage is a particular average.  并不是所有破碎险都属于单独海损。
  It is a particular average when the breakage results from natural calamities or maritime accidents. 只有由于自然灾害或意外事故造成的破碎才属于单独海损。
  If none of these conditions occur, breakage is often considered as an ordinary loss, which is outside the scope of the coverage. 如果没有发生上述事故,破碎险常被 认为是一种普通损失,不属于承保范围之内 。
  But the risk of breakage is covered by marine insurance, isn't it? 但破碎险是包括在海洋运输货物险之内,对不对?
  Of course, but it is a usual practice to make specific mention in the insurance policy or certificate that the risk of breakage is included. 当然,但按照惯例要在保险单或保险凭证上特别注明破碎险包括在内。
  The inclusion of this special risk will be subject to an additional premium that will normally be higher than the basic insurance for the ordinary marine risks. 包括这种特别险就必须附加保险费,这种保险费一般比通常的海洋运输货物险高。
  I see.  我懂了。
  Another thing I don't understand now is the advantage of WAP coverage. 另外一件事我现在还不明白,保水渍险有什么好处。
  I thought that the WAP insurance should cover all principle risks while, according to what you say,it means very little. 我原以为水渍险包括全部主要风险,而根据你说的,它承保责任却很少.
  Neither the WAP nor the FPA mention the risks covered or excluded.  无论水渍险还是平安险都不注明包括哪些险别或不包括哪些险别。
  Look at the insurance certificates and you will find that  保险范嗣是写在基本保险单内和各种险别条款里。
  the risks of theft and pilferage, freshwater, oil, grease, hooks, breakage, leakage, contamination, deterioration, etc are specifically mentioned and must be specifically applied for.  你看保险凭证就会发现偷窃险,淡水险,油渍险,油污险,钩损险,渗漏险,玷污险,变质险等都特加注明,并且必须特别申保。
  These are special risks. 这些就是特别险.
  It seems that the error was on both sides and I think the loss should be shared by both parties. 看来双方都有错误,我认为损失应由双方承担。
  Our price calculation could hardly admit that.  我们的计价不容许这么做。
  Besides, we acted upon your instructions, so it is not our fault.  此外,我们是按你们的要求办理的,所以这不是我们的过错。
  But in view of our good partnership, we'll supply you with a favorite offer to compensate some of your losses. 但鉴于我们良好的伙伴关系,我们准备给你们提供优惠的报盘,借以补偿贵方的一些损失。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/wmyyhtw/449753.html