TED演讲 第11期:从20马赫的滑翔机到蜂鸟无人机的感想(6)(在线收听) |
And more so than most,he saw the highs and the lows,the celebrations and the disappointments. 很多时候,他看到我生活的起伏,成功和失败。 And on one particularly dark day for me,Jason sat down and he wrote an email. 在我非常难过的一天里,詹森坐下来给我写了封邮件。。
He was encouraging,but firm. 他在鼓励我,但态度很果断。
And when he hit send,he probably didn't realize what a difference it would make. 当他点击发送时,他大概没有意识到这封邮件对我产生的影响。
It mattered to me. 它对我意义非凡。
In that moment and still today when I doubt,when I feel afraid. 在那一刻还有今天。当我怀疑时,当我感到害怕时,
When I need to reconnect with that feeling,I remember his words,they were so powerful. 当我需要重新恢复那个信念时,我想起他的话。他的话是如此有力。。
There is only time enough to iron your cape and back to the skies for you. 你有足够的时间铸造斗篷飞回属于你的天空。”。
Because that's what being a superhero is all about. 因为这就是超人要做的事。
There is only time enough RD:to iron your cape and back to the skies for you. 你有足够的时间铸造斗篷飞回属于你的天空。
And remember,be nice to nerds. 记住对书呆子好点儿。
Thank you. Thank you. 谢谢。
Regina, thank you. 瑞姬娜,谢谢。
I have a couple of questions. 我有几个问题。
So that glider of yours,the Mach 20 glider,the first one, no control, it ended up in the Pacific I think somewhere. 那么,你的滑翔机,那个20马赫的滑翔机,第一架,无操控,我想是在太平洋的某个地方消失了吧。
RD: Yeah, yeah. It did. (What happened on that second flight?) 没错。是这样。(那第二架呢?)。
Yeah, it also went into the Pacific. (But this time under control?) We didn't fly it into the Pacific. 没错,第二架也掉进太平洋了(但这次是在操控下?)我们没把它飞进太平洋。
No, there are multiple portions of the trajectory that are demanding in terms of really flying at that speed. 不,飞行轨道有多个部分。如果真的以那个速度飞行,要求会非常高。
And so in the second flight,we were able to get three minutes of fully aerodynamic control of the vehicle before we lost it. 所以在第二次飞行中在坠机前我们做到了3分钟对滑翔机的全气动控制。
CA: I imagine you're not planning to open up to passenger service from New York to Long Beach anytime soon. 那我估计你们还没打算在近期提供从纽约到长滩的乘客服务。
It might be a little warm. 可能会太暖和。
What do you picture that glider being used for? 你能描述一下那个滑翔机的用途?
Well our responsibility is to develop the technology for this. 呃,我们的责任是开发这种滑翔机的技术。
How it's ultimately used will be determined by the military. 最终用途将由军队决定。
Now the purpose of the vehicle though,the purpose of the technology,is to be able to reach anywhere in the world in less than 60 minutes. 目前这个滑翔机的用途。这项技术的用途是能在60分钟内抵达世界任何一个地方。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/kjp/451657.html |