TED演讲 :信息 脑对脑沟通已来临(4)(在线收听

 He goes there and does it.  它走去并按这个笼子。

And the same time, he is sending a mental message to the second rat that didn't see any light,  与此同时,他发送了一条神经信息给第二只看不见灯的老鼠,
and the second rat, in 70 percent of the times is going to press the left lever and get a reward without ever experiencing the light in the retina.  而第二只老鼠在70%的情况下将会按左边的杠杆去得到奖励而无需肉眼感受到灯光。
Well, we took this to a little higher limit by getting monkeys to collaborate mentally in a brain net,  那么,我们将难度提高了一些让猴子在一个大脑网络中 进行神经合作,
basically to donate their brain activity and combine them to move the virtual arm that I showed you before,  实际上就是让他们提供他们的大脑活动并把他们结合起来去移动 我刚展示给你们看的那个虚拟手臂,
and what you see here is the first time the two monkeys combine their brains,  你们看到的是 首次两只猴子连接了它们的大脑,
synchronize their brains perfectly to get this virtual arm to move.  完美的同步了大脑并移动虚拟手臂。
One monkey is controlling the x dimension,  一只猴子控制X维,
the other monkey is controlling the y dimension.  而另一只猴子控制Y维。
But it gets a little more interesting when you get three monkeys in there and you ask one monkey to control x and y, 但是当三只猴子在一起的时候 就变得更有意思你要求一只猴子控制X和Y,
the other monkey to control y and z,  另一只控制Y和Z,
and the third one to control x and z,  而第三只控制X和Z,
and you make them all play the game together,  你让他们一起来,
moving the arm in 3D into a target to get the famous Brazilian orange juice.  在三维空间里边移动虚拟手臂去领奖励。
And they actually do.  而它们确实这么做。
The black dot is the average of all these brains working in parallel, in real time.  黑点是这三只猴子的大脑在平行移动手臂时的平均值。
That is the definition of a biological computer,  这就是生理计算器的含义,
interacting by brain activity and achieving a motor goal.  被大脑活动影响并完成驱动目标。
Where is this going?  这将向什么方向发展?
We have no idea.  我们并不知道。
We're just scientists.  我们只是科学家而已。
We are paid to be children,  我们被雇成为孩子,
to basically go to the edge and discover what is out there.  去探索并发现这个世界。
But one thing I know:  但是有一件事我知道:
One day, in a few decades,  几十年后的某天,
when our grandchildren surf the Net just by thinking,  当我们的子孙通过大脑上网冲浪,
or a mother donates her eyesight to an autistic kid who cannot see,  或是一个母亲为自闭的 盲儿童捐献自己的视力,
or somebody speaks because of a brain-to-brain bypass,  或者某人因为脑脑连接而会说话的时候,
some of you will remember that it all started on a winter afternoon in a Brazilian soccer field with an impossible kick.  在座中的某位将会记得这一切 都始于一个冬日午后在巴西足球场上那一脚超越可能的开球。
Thank you.  谢谢。
Thank you.  谢谢。
Miguel, thank you for sticking to your time.  感谢你遵照这时间规定。
I actually would have given you a couple more minutes,  事实上我将会给多几分钟给你,
because there are a couple of points we want to develop, and, of course,  因为有些观点我想再深入讨论一下,
clearly it seems that we need connected brains to figure out where this is going.  显然我们需要连接大脑去发现这一切。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/kjp/451666.html