TED演讲:变得更健康的不能说的秘密(4)(在线收听) |
And Portland is not alone here. 波特兰市在这件事上并不孤独。 Forty percent of municipalities self-report dumping raw or partially treated sewage into our waterways. 40%的市政当局在自述汇报中指出曾倾倒未处理或仅部分处理的污水进入水网。
The other bummer going on here with our status quo is that half of all of your poop and pee is going to fertilize farmland. 另一件当下令人不悦的事是我们的排泄物们一半跑去灌溉农场了,
The other half is being incinerated or land-filled. 另一半则被火化或是填埋了。
And that's a bummer to me, because there are amazing nutrients in your daily doody. 我对此很失望,因为我们每天的便便当中其实含有惊人的养分。
It is comparable to pig manure; we're omnivores, they're omnivores. 与猪的粪便是类同的。我们是杂食动物,它们也是。
Think of your poo and pee as a health smoothie for a tree. 想像一下你的排泄物对于一棵树来说就是一杯奶昔
The other bummer going on here is that we're quickly moving all the drugs we take into our waterways. 其实还有一件令人不悦的事,那就是我们正在迅速地把我们摄入体内的药物转入水网当中。
The average wastewater treatment plant can remove maybe half of the drugs that come in. 中等水平的废水处理池只有能力移除废水中的一半药物。
The other half goes right out the other side. 另一半就心安理得的从另一侧出去了。
Consider what a cocktail of pharmaceuticals -- hormones, steroids, Vicodin -- does to a fish, to a dog, to a child. 想一想由各种药物成分,性激素、类固醇、维柯丁(一种止痛药)构成的鸡尾酒,会对一条鱼,对一只狗,一个孩子造成怎样的影响?
But this isn't just some problem that we need to contain. 但这个问题不单单只是它本身。
If we flip this around, we can create a resource that can solve so many of our other problems. 如果能够翻过这一页,我们就能找到一条途径,它能帮我们解决许多别的问题。
And I want to get you comfortable with this idea, 我希望你们能够接受这个想法。
so imagine the things I'm going to show you, these technologies, and this attitude that says, 设想一下我将要展示给你的东西,这些科技,还有这样的态度:
"We're going to reuse this. Let's design to make it beautiful" -- as advanced potty training. “我们将要拯救这一切。让我们把它设计的更美吧”,致先进的如厕技术。
And I think you're ready for it. I think we as a culture are ready for advanced potty training. 我以为你们已经做好心理准备了。我认为我们的文化已经为先进如厕技术做好准备。
And there are three great reasons to enroll today. 这其中有三个重要的理由。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/kxp/451990.html |