TED演讲:取消订阅邮件的苦恼(1)(在线收听

 It's funny the things you forget. 很多你不记得的东西是很搞笑的。

I went to see my mother the other day, and she told me this story that I'd completely forgotten about how, 前几天我去看我老妈,她告诉我了这样一个故事,我已经完全忘了,
when we were driving together, she would pull the car over, 我们曾经一起开车出去,她要停车,当她从车里出来,
and by the time she had gotten out of the car, and gone around the car to let me out of the car, 围着车绕了一圈,然后准备让我也下车,
I would have already gotten out of the car and pretended to have died.  我那时已经下了车,并且假装已经死了。 
Because that's how you die.  因为在那时你差不多就是这么“死”的。 
And I remember, that was a game I used to play with myself to entertain myself whenever I was bored or frustrated.  我记得,我以前常常和自己玩装死,只要我无聊或者感到沮丧我就玩装死 来自娱自乐。 
Settle down. People say we live in an age of information overload. Right? 好让自己冷静点。人们常说我们生活在信息膨胀的时代,对吧?
I don't know about that, but I just know that I get too many marketing emails. 我也不清楚,但是我知道我常收到很多营销邮件。
I got a marketing email from a supermarket firm, which will remain nameless for predominantly legal reasons, 我收到过来自一个超市集团的营销邮件,匿名的邮件,因为一些法律原因,
but which I'm going to call "SafeMart."  但是我准备叫它“安全超市”。
I got an email from them, and it went like this, it said:  我收到一封他们发的邮件,上面写着: 
"Just three weeks until SafeMart at King's Cross opens!!!"  “还有三周,安全超市就要在国王十字路口开张啦!!!”
And I resented this, because not only do I not remember signing up to that, 我讨厌这种邮件,因为不仅我记不得订阅过这样的消息,
but I resent the fact that they appear to think that I should be excited about a shop opening. 而且我对于他们理所应当地认为,我应该对于新店开张感到无比兴奋这种事儿非常厌恶。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/syp/452496.html