向前一步:第135期 不要身还在 心已远(9)(在线收听) |
I tried writing e-mails while hovering over the toilet, but the situation didn't lend itself to effective multitasking. 我曾经试图坐在马桶上写电子邮件,但这也没有提高我的多重任务处理效率。 Because I had already been through this with my first pregnancy, I knew what I was in for. 第一次怀孕的经验告诉我,痛苦是逃不掉的,
I turned down Reid's offer and got pregnant—and extremely nauseated—a few months later. 所以我拒绝了霍夫曼的邀请。几个月后我便怀孕了,并出现严重的妊娠反应。
Any regrets I had about not taking that job evaporated when, about seven months after my daughter was born, Mark offered me the opportunity to join Facebook. 7个月后当女儿出生时,马克·扎克伯格邀请我加入脸谱网,我之前的所有遗憾立刻烟消云散。
The timing was still not ideal. 其实这个时间点也并不理想,
As many people had warned, and I quickly discovered to be true, having two children was more than double the work of having one. 因为带两个孩子可不等于把养育一个孩子的工作量翻倍那么简单。
I was not looking for new challenges but simply trying to get through each day. 我没有寻找新的挑战,只求安然地挺过每一天。
Still, Dave and I recognized that if I waited until the timing was exactly right, the opportunity would be gone. 好在戴夫和我达成了一致,我们都认为如果要等到所谓的“恰当时机”,那么机会也就消失了。
My decision to take the job was personal, as these decisions always are. 我接受一份工作的前提总是基于个人情况,以前也是这样。
And there were days in my first six months at Facebook when I wondered whether I'd made the right choice. 我在脸谱网工作的头半年时常会思考这样的选择是否正确。
By the end of my first year, I knew I had ... for me. 一年后,我知道我的选择是对的……起码对我自己而言。
The birth of a child instantly changes how we define ourselves. 孩子的出生瞬间改变了我们对自己的定位。
Women become mothers. Men become fathers. Couples become parents. 女人变成母亲,男人变成父亲,夫妻变成家长,
Our priorities shift in fundamental ways. 我们生活的重心从根本上发生了变化。
Parenting may be the most rewarding experience, but it is also the hardest and most humbling. 养育下一代也许是最值得尝试的人生体验了,但这也是最困难、最让人深感惭愧的经历。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xqyb/452743.html |