TED演讲:你在电影里听到的都是假的(9)(在线收听

 I think what all these masters knew is that by hiding the source, you create a sense of mystery. 我认为这些大师都懂得通过隐藏声音来源,来创造神秘的感觉。

This has been seen in cinema over and over, with Hitchcock, and Ridley Scott in "Alien." 这种手段你会在电影院里反复看到,希区柯克和雷德利·斯科特在“外星人”中也有使用。
Hearing a sound without knowing its source is going to create some sort of tension. 听到声音的同时,看不到来源可以产生一定程度的紧迫感。
Also, it can minimize certain visual restrictions that directors have and can show something that wasn't there during filming. 同时,还可以尽量减少导演的特定视觉限制,并呈现一些录制电影时没有的东西。
And if all this sounds a little theoretical, I wanted to play a little video. 如果这些听上去比较理论化,我想播放一个视频。
What I'm sort of trying to demonstrate with these tools is that sound is a language. 我尝试用这些手段来表达的是,声音,是一种语言。
It can trick us by transporting us geographically; it can change the mood; it can set the pace; 它可以使我们感觉好像移动了地理位置;它可以改变心情;它可以设置步调;
it can make us laugh or it can make us scared. 它可以让我们开怀大笑或深感恐惧。
And on a personal level, I fell in love with that language a few years ago, 对我个人而言,我在几年前爱上了这门语言,
and somehow managed to make it into some sort of profession. 努力实现了把它当做一种职业。
And I think with our work through the sound library, we're trying to kind of expand the vocabulary of that language. 我认为,通过我们的声音库的工作,我们在扩展这门语言的词汇。
And in that way, we want to offer the right tools to sound designers, filmmakers, and video game and app designers, 并且用这种方法,我们希望提供合适的呈现手段给音效设计师,电影制作人以及视频游戏和应用软件设计者,
to keep telling even better stories and creating even more beautiful lies. So thanks for listening. 让他们讲述更加完美的故事,并创造更加美丽的假象。谢谢大家的聆听。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/ylp/452811.html