TED演讲:请相信你可以进步(5)(在线收听

 So the native kids outdid the Microsoft kids.  印第安孩子战胜了微软孩子。

This happened because the meaning of effort and difficulty were transformed. 这得以实现的原因,是努力与困难的意义在孩子心目中发生了改变。
Before, effort and difficulty made them feel dumb, made them feel like giving up,  在此之前,努力与困难让他们感觉自己很笨, 让他们想放弃,
but now, effort and difficulty,  但如今,正是努力与困难让
that's when their neurons are making new connections,  他们大脑中的神经元得以形成新的连接,
stronger connections.  更强的连接。
That's when they're getting smarter.  正是在这个过程中,他们变得越来越聪明。
I received a letter recently from a 13-year-old boy.  最近,我收到一个13岁男孩的来信。
He said, "Dear Professor Dweck,  他说,亲爱的德韦克教授,
I appreciate that your writing is based on solid scientific research,  我欣赏你的著作, 因为它们都基于可靠的科学试验,
and that's why I decided to put it into practice.  因此,我决定将你的方法付诸实践。
I put more effort into my schoolwork,  我更用功地学习,
into my relationship with my family,  更用心地处好与家人的关系,
and into my relationship with kids at school,  与同学的关系,
and I experienced great improvement in all of those areas.  而在这些方面我都有了长足的进步。
I now realize I've wasted most of my life. 现在我才意识到,过去浪费了太多生命。
Let's not waste any more lives,  让我们不再浪费生命,
because once we know that abilities are capable of such growth,  因为,既然我们知道能力可以增长,
it becomes a basic human right for children, all children,  那么,生活在一个能激发进步
to live in places that create that growth,  并让这一切变得可能的地方
to live in places filled with yet.  就是每个孩子的权利。
Thank you.  谢谢。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/452832.html