TED演讲:为什么认为自己丑会对你不利(6)(在线收听) |
And let me ask you, 让我来问问你, when was the last time that you kissed a mirror? 你上一次对着镜子亲吻是什么时候?
Ultimately, we need to work together as communities, as governments and as businesses to really change this culture of ours so that our kids grow up valuing their whole selves, 最终,我们需要跟社区、政府和企业一起努力去改变我们的这些文化,这样我们的孩子才能在成长中获得完整的自我,
valuing individuality, diversity, inclusion. 重视个性、多元和包容。
We need to put the people that are making a real difference on our pedestals, making a difference in the real world. 我们要让那些正在改变我们的现状的人去改变真实的世界。
Giving them the airtime, because only then will we create a different world. 给他们时间,因为只有这样我们才能创造一个不同的世界,
A world where our kids are free to become the best versions of themselves, 一个我们的孩子可以自由地成为最好的自己的世界,
where the way they think they look never holds them back from being who they are or achieving what they want in life. 一个他们不会因自己的长相而阻碍他们成为自己想要成为的人或者获得想要的东西的世界。
Think about what this might mean for someone in your life. 想一下这对你生命中的某个人可能意味着什么。
Who have you got in mind? 你脑海中出现了谁?
Is it your wife? 你的妻子?
Your sister? 你妹妹?
Your daughter? 你女儿?
Your niece? 你侄女?
Your friend? It could just be the woman a couple of seats away from you today. 还是你的某个朋友?也可能只是今天跟你隔着几个座位的某个女性。
What would it mean for her if she were freed from that voice of her inner critic, nagging her to have longer legs, thinner thighs, smaller stomach, 这将对她意味着什么呢?如果她能摆脱内心挑剔的声音唠叨她要有更长更细的大腿,更瘦的肚子
shorter feet? 和更短的脚。
What could it mean for her if we overcame this and unlocked her potential in that way? 如果我们能克服这些并打开她在那方面的潜力,那对她来说又将意味着什么?
Right now, our culture's obsession with image is holding us all back. 现在,我们的文化中对形象的痴迷阻碍了我们所有人。
But let's show our kids the truth. 但是让我们向孩子们展示真相。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/452838.html |