TED演讲:一位性工作者的诉求(5)(在线收听

 So if criminalizing sex workers hurts them, why not just criminalize the people who buy sex? 那么如果判定,性工作者违法是在伤害她们,为什么不仅仅刑事处罚买春者呢?

This is the aim of the third approach I want to talk about -- the Swedish or Nordic model of sex-work law. 这正是第三种法律手段。这种被瑞典或北欧各国使用的法律模型。
The idea behind this law is that selling sex is intrinsically harmful 这项立法背后是说卖淫本身是有害的,
and so you're, in fact, helping sex workers by removing the option.  买春者实际上让卖春者别无选择。
Despite growing support for what's often described as the "end demand" approach, there's no evidence that it works. 然而除了所谓的“终极需求”有所增长之外,没有证据显示这项法律有用。
There's just as much prostitution in Sweden as there was before. Why might that be? 瑞典的卖淫者和以前一样多。为什么会这样?
It's because people selling sex often don't have other options for income. 因为性工作者往往确实没有其他选择。
If you need that money, the only effect that a drop in business is going have 如果你需要钱,业务量下降的唯一结果
is to force you to lower your prices or offer more risky sexual services. 就是让你不得不降低你的价格或提供更危险的性服务。
If you need to find more clients, you might seek the help of a manager. 如果你需要更多的客户,也许需要借助上级的帮助
So you see, rather than putting a stop to what's often descried as pimping, 所以可见这样立法不仅没有起到禁止所谓皮条客的作用,
a law like this actually gives oxygen to potentially abusive third parties. 反而让第三方的存在越演愈烈。
To keep safe in my work, I try not to take bookings from someone who calls me from a withheld number. 为了工作安全,我尽量不接受匿名电话预定的嫖客
If it's a home or a hotel visit, I try to get a full name and details. 如果是去别人家里或者酒店,我尽量拿到客人全名和信息。
If I worked under the Swedish model, a client would be too scared to give me that information. 但是如果我在瑞典法制下工作,顾客可能因为太害怕而拒绝给我信息。
I might have no other choice but to accept a booking from a man who is untraceable if he later turns out to be violent. 我没有办法,只能接受匿名电话的预定,也许这就是一名暴力罪犯。
If you need their money, you need to protect your clients from the police. 如果你需要钱,你就必须保护顾客远离警察。
If you work outdoors, that means working alone or in isolated locations, just as if you were criminalized yourself. 如果你出门工作,就意味着自己工作或者在僻静处工作,就好像你自己判定自己有罪一样。
It might mean getting into cars quicker, less negotiating time means snap decisions. 这就意味着快速地上车,没什么时间思考和做决定。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/452971.html