TED演讲:女性是怎样发起非暴力冲突的(1)(在线收听

 Twelve years ago, I picked up a camera for the first time to film the olive harvest in a Palestinian village in the West Bank. 十二年前,我第一次拿起相机,去拍摄一个位于约旦河西岸的巴勒斯坦村庄的橄榄收割活动

I thought I was there to make a single documentary and would then move on to some other part of the world. 我本打算去那里拍一个纪录片,然后就会离开去其他地方
But something kept bringing me back. 但有些东西让我一直割舍不开
Now, usually, when international audiences hear about that part of the world, 现如今,当国际上的听众了解世界的那个部分后
they often just want that conflict to go away. 他们只希望冲突早点结束
The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is bad, and we wish it could just disappear. 巴以冲突严重,我们只想它能消失
We feel much the same way about other conflicts around the world. 我们对世界上的其他冲突也怀有同样的感受
But every time we turn our attention to the news, it seems like one more country has gone up in flames. 但好像每次我们注意到新闻,都会有另一个国家陷入战火
So I've been wondering whether we should not start looking at conflict in a different way 所以我一直在想,我们是否应该从不同的角度看待冲突
whether instead of simply wishing to end conflict, we focus instead on how to wage conflict. 是否应该聚焦于冲突是如何发动的,而不是仅仅希望能结束冲突
This has been a big question for me, one I've pursued together with my team at the nonprofit Just Vision. 这对我而言一直是个大问题,一个我和我在非盈利组织Just Vision的团队一直在追寻的问题
After witnessing several different kinds of struggles in the Middle East, 在目睹了中东地区几种不同的尝试之后
I started noticing some patterns on the more successful ones. 我开始注意到那些更为成功的尝试所具有的方式
I wondered whether these variables held across cases, and if they did, 我想知道这些变量是否存在于其他情况,如果是的话
what lessons we could glean for waging constructive conflict, in Palestine, Israel and elsewhere. 我们能从中学到哪些以在巴基斯坦、以色列等开展建设性冲突
There is some science about this. 这背后有其科学道理。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/453054.html