TED演讲:让我们带上女超人!(1)(在线收听

 I spend most of my time thinking about little girls, 我生活中的大部分时间都在思考关于小女孩的事情,

which is kind of a weird thing for a grown man in our society to say. 这对于当今社会一位成年男性而言未免有些奇怪。
But I do. I spend most of my time thinking about little girls, 但是我确实花了大量时间在思考小女孩的事,
and I think it's primarily because I have one. 我想主要原因是因为我有一个女儿吧。
This one's mine, and I think you would really like her. 这是我的女儿,我想你们会喜欢她的。
She is smart and funny and kind to people and a good friend. 她聪慧过人,活泼可爱,待人友好,是个不错的小伙伴。
But when I talk about my daughter, the word I find myself saying most is "athlete." 但是当谈到我的女儿,我发现我说的最多的词是“运动员”。
She is strong and fast and has great balance and good body control. 她强壮,敏捷,有着很棒的平衡感和良好的身体协调性。
She is a three-time, back-to-back-to-back state champion in Shaolin Kempo. 她在持续三天的少林拳法比赛中,获得了三次州冠军。
At nine years old, she is already halfway to a black belt. My daughter is athletic. 九岁的她已接近黑带水平。我的女儿有着运动员的体魄。
Now, when a man who is six feet two and 265 pounds stands in front of you and says his daughter is athletic, 现在,一个高1.86米,重120公斤的大汉站在你面前,说她的女儿是运动员,
you might think that's a reflection of him. It is not. 你也许会想,应该是遗传他的吧。并不是这样的。
My wife in high school was a two-time all-state soccer player 我的妻子在高中曾两次代表全州参加足球比赛,
and a two-time all-state volleyball player, and I played "Dungeons and Dragons." 还两次代表全州参加排球比赛,而我那会儿还玩着“龙与地下城”。
And that is why, although my daughter is an athlete, she's also a huge nerd, which I love. 那也就是为什么,我的女儿不仅仅是个运动员,她也是个技术能手,我很喜欢她这点。
She walks around our house in a cloak of flames that she made herself. 她身披火焰斗篷在家中穿行,这是她亲手制作的。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/453073.html