TED演讲:不存在'不投票'这种事(6)(在线收听) |
"The Joy of Voting" project isn't just about joy. It's about this passion. “选举的快乐”项目并不只是关于快乐。这是激情。 It's about feeling and belief, and it isn't just our organization's work. 也是感受和信仰,不是只有我们一个组织在工作。
All across this country right now, immigrants, young people, veterans, 现在全国都步调一致,移民,年轻人,退伍军人,
people of all different backgrounds are coming together to create this kind of passionate, joyful activity around elections, 各种背景的人,聚在一起创造了这种充满激情,快乐的投票活动。
in red and blue states, in urban and rural communities, people of every political background. 不论是民主党还是共和党的优势州,不论城乡,不论政治背景的人民。
What they have in common is simply this: their work is rooted in place. 有一点是共同的:他们的工作都是本地的。
Because remember, all citizenship is local. 要记住,公民都是本地人。
When politics becomes just a presidential election, we yell and we scream at our screens, and then we collapse, exhausted. 如果政治仅仅关乎总统选举,大家就只是对着屏幕大呼小叫,直到精疲力尽。
But when politics is about us and our neighbors and other people in our community 但如果政治是有关自己,邻居和社区的其他人,
coming together to create experiences of collective voice and imagination, then we begin to remember that this stuff matters. 大家聚在一起,共同发出声音,表达期许,我们就会记得这样做是有意义的。
We begin to remember that this is the stuff of self-government. 我们开始铭记,这就是自治。
Which brings me back to where I began. Why bother? There's one way to answer this question. 回到开始那句话。为什么非要投票呢?不妨这样回答。
Voting matters because it is a self-fulfilling act of belief. 投票很重要,因为这是信仰的自我满足。
It feeds the spirit of mutual interest that makes any society thrive. 它供养了利益的双方,实现了社会繁荣。
When we vote, even if it is in anger, we are part of a collective, creative leap of faith. 当我们投票,即使是愤怒的一票,我们仍是创造性信念集合的一部分。
Voting helps us generate the very power that we wish we had. 投票帮助我们创造了最强的力量。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/453170.html |