TED演讲:多元化的自己究竟有多大力量(3)(在线收听

   So with this realization in mind, I decided to embrace all of the different versions of myself 带着这种认识,我决定接受一个截然不同的自己,

  even allow myself to reinvent myself at times. 甚至允许自己以全新的面貌出现。
  So for example, in high school, I have to confess I was a mega-nerd. 比如,在高中的时候,我不得不承认我是个书呆子。
  I had no sense of fashion -- thick glasses, simple hairstyle -- you can get the idea. 对于时尚一窍不通--戴着厚眼镜,留着简单的发型,相信你们能想象出来。
  I think, actually, I only had friends because I shared my homework. That's the truth. 我觉得,那时候我之所以有朋友,是因为我借作业给他们抄。是真的。
  But once at university, I was able to find a new identity for myself, and the nerd became a popular girl. 但在大学的时候,我找到了自己新的身份,从书呆子变成了受欢迎的女孩。
  But it was MIT, so I don't know if I can take too much credit for that. 但因为我在麻省理工,所以我也不知道这种改变到底有多大用处。
  As they say over there, "The odds are good, but the goods are odd." 他们那儿有句话,“数量挺多的,质量却不好。”
  I switched majors so many times that my advisors joked that I should get a degree in "random studies." 我换了很多次专业,最后我的顾问开玩笑说,我应该去修一个“随机专业”学位。
  I told this to my kids. 我把这件事告诉了我的孩子们。
  And then over the years, I have gained a lot of different identities. 这些年我有了许多不同的身份。
  I started as an inventor, entrepreneur, social innovator. 最开始我是作为一名发明者,企业家,社会革新者。
  Then I became an investor, a woman in tech, a teacher. 之后我成为了投资人,技术女性,老师。
  And most recently, I became a mom, or as my toddler says repeatedly, "Mom!" day and night. 最近我成为了一名母亲,或者像我的小家伙不停叫着的,“妈~妈~”,从早到晚。
  Even my accent was so confused -- its origin was so obscure, that my friends called it, "Rebecanese." 就连我的口音也很奇怪--它是如此复杂,以至于我的朋友管它叫“瑞贝卡语”。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/gjwtp/453451.html