TED演讲:你能解开爱因斯坦之谜吗(3)(在线收听

   Now that the only spot in the grid without a cigar and a drink is in the fifth column,  现在只剩下一栋房子的主人还不知道喝什么饮料,抽什么雪茄,也就是第五栋房子,

  that must be the home of the person in clue twelve. 这就肯定是线索十二里的人的家了。
  And since this leaves only the second house without a drink, the tea-drinking Dane must live there. 只有第二栋房子的主人还不知道喝什么饮料,喝茶的丹麦人肯定住在这儿。
  The fourth house is now the only one missing a nationality and a cigar brand,  第四栋房子是唯一一栋不知道国籍和雪茄牌子的房子了
  so the Prince-smoking German from clue thirteen must live there. 所以,根据线索十三,抽Pinrce雪茄的德国人肯定住在这里。
  Through elimination, you can conclude that the Brit smokes Pall Mall and the Swede lives in the fifth house,  通过排除法,你可以总结英国人抽Pall Mall,并且瑞典人住在第五栋房子里,
  while clue six and clue two tell you that these two have a bird and a dog, respectively. 线索二和六告诉你这两个人分别养鸟和狗。
  Clue ten tells you that the cat owner lives next to the Blend-smoking Dane, putting him in the first house. 线索十告诉你养猫的人是抽Blend的丹麦人的邻居也就是第一栋房子里。
  Now with only one spot left on the grid, you know that the German in the green-walled house must be the culprit. 现在表格里只有一个空白位置,你就能知道绿墙房子里的德国人是罪魁祸首。
  You and the police burst into the house, catching the thief fish-handed. 你和警察冲进屋内,抓住盗鱼的小偷。
  While that explanation was straightforward, solving puzzles like this often involves false starts and dead ends. 虽然这个解释简单明了,解开这样的谜题通常会开头不妙或者碰上死路。
  Part of the trick is to use the process of elimination and lots of trial and error to hone in on the right pieces,  常用的技巧就是排除法和多次尝试去找到正确的方向,
  and the more logic puzzles you solve,  解开的谜题越多,
  the better your intuition will be for when and where there's enough information to make your deductions. 你的直觉就会更加敏锐,你就知道如何使用已知信息推断。
  And did young Einstein really write this puzzle? Probably not. 真的是年轻的爱因斯坦自己写下这个谜题吗?应该不是。
  There's no evidence he did, and some of the brands mentioned are too recent. 没有证据指明是他写的,而且有些雪茄牌子是近代的。
  But the logic here is not so different from what you'd use to solve equations with multiple variables,  但是这里使用的逻辑性和你解多元方程时的逻辑没有什么不同,
  even those describing the nature of the universe. 甚至和描述宇宙中的自然现象是一样的。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/453586.html