TED演讲:精神疾病有什么可笑的?(在线收听

   One in four people suffer from some sort of mental illness,  每四个人中就有一人患有某种精神疾病

  so if it was one, two, three, four, it's you, sir.  如果说是一二三四,就是你了先生
  You. Yeah. 对,是你。
  With the weird teeth. And you next to him. 牙齿有点怪的那位,还有旁边那位
  You know who you are.  你自己可清楚了
  Actually, that whole row isn't right. 事实上那一整排都不大正常。
  That's not good. Hi. Yeah. Real bad. Don't even look at me. 这不太好,是的,真的很糟糕,拜托别看着我。
  I am one of the one in four. Thank you.  我就是四个人中的那一人,谢谢
  I think I inherit it from my mother, who, used to crawl around the house on all fours. 我想我这病是从我妈妈那里遗传过来的,她常四肢着地在房子里四处爬动
  She had two sponges in her hand, and then she had two tied to her knees. 她手里拿着两个海绵,还有两个绑在膝盖那里,
  My mother was completely absorbent. 我妈妈具有完全的吸水性
  And she would crawl around behind me going,  她会跟在我身后爬来爬去喊着
  "Who brings footprints into a building?!"  “谁会把脚印带到屋子里!”
  So that was kind of a clue that things weren't right.  这算是个线索,有点不太对劲
  So before I start, I would like to thank the makers of Lamotrigine, Sertraline, and Reboxetine, 在我开始之前,我想感谢拉莫三嗪,舍曲林,帕罗西汀的制药商
  because without those few simple chemicals, I would not be vertical today.  因为如果没有这几种常用药物,我今天就不会站在这里
  So how did it start?  我的病是怎么开始的呢
  My mental illness -- well, I'm not even going to talk about my mental illness.  我的精神疾病,我都根本不想谈论它
  What am I going to talk about? Okay.  那我谈些什么好呢,好吧
  I always dreamt that, when I had my final breakdown,  我以前常常会想自己最终会在什么时候发病
  it would be because I had a deep Kafkaesque existentialist revelation, 可能因为我有深深的卡夫卡式存在主义的启示
  or that maybe Cate Blanchett would play me and she would win an Oscar for it. 或可能是凯特·布兰切特扮演了我的角色并赢了奥斯卡
  But that's not what happened. I had my breakdown during my daughter's sports day. 但这些都没发生,我发病的时候正是我女儿的运动会日
  There were all the parents sitting in a parking lot  所有家长都坐在停车场
  eating food out of the back of their car -- only the English -- 在车背上吃着食物,只是英国人
  eating their sausages. They loved their sausages. 吃着他们的香肠,他们可喜欢他们的香肠了
  Lord and Lady Rigor Mortis were nibbling on the tarmac,  大家都在讲些闲话和八卦
  and then the gun went off and all the girlies started running,  突然枪声响了,所有的女孩都跑了起来
  and all the mummies went, "Run! Run Chlamydia! Run!"  所有的妈妈都喊着 “快跑!快跑Chlamydia!快跑!”
  "Run like the wind, Veruca! Run!"  “像风一样跑,Veruca! 快跑!”
  And all the girlies, girlies running, running, running,  所有的女孩都在跑啊跑啊跑啊
  everybody except for my daughter, who was just standing at the starting line, just waving, 所有人除了我的女儿,她就站着在起跑线的地方,光顾着挥手
  because she didn't know she was supposed to run.  因为她不知道她应该跑起来
  So I took to my bed for about a month, and when I woke up I found I was institutionalized 我因此卧床一个月,当我醒来的时候我发现自己住院了,
  and when I saw the other inmates,  看到其他病人的时候
  I realized that I had found my people, my tribe. 我意识到我找到自己的同类了,我的群落
  Because they became my only friends, they became my friends,  因为他们成了我唯一的朋友,他们成了我的朋友
  because very few people that I knew -- Well, I wasn't sent a lot of cards or flowers. 因为我本来就认识不多人,而我也没有收到很多问候卡或鲜花,
  I mean, if I had had a broken leg or I was with child I would have been inundated, 我的意思是,如果我是摔断了腿或者我有了孩子我也许就被大家的关心所掩埋了
  but all I got was a couple phone calls telling me to perk up.  但我只接到了几通电话叫我振作
  Perk up.  振作
  Because I didn't think of that.  因为我没想过要振作呢
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/454272.html