TED演讲:我们的意识(7)(在线收听

   Indeed, Rensink's subjects took only a little bit more than a second to press the button. 是的,Rensink的实验对象仅仅花了一秒多一点点的时间来按下按钮。

  Can you see that one? 2.9 seconds. 这个能看到吗?2.9秒。
  How many don't see it still?  多少人仍然没有看到?
  What's on the roof of that barn? It's easy. 那个谷仓的屋顶上有什么?简单吧。
  Is it a bridge or a dock?  是桥还是船坞?
  There are a few more really dramatic ones, and then I'll close.  还有更多富有戏剧性的,然后我的演讲将结束。
  I want you to see a few that are particularly striking.  我想让你们看看几个很让人惊讶的。
  This one because it's so large and yet it's pretty hard to see. Can you see it? 这个很难看到因为它很大。看到了吗?
  See the shadows going back and forth? Pretty big.  看到那个朝前朝后的影子了吗?很大。
  So 15.5 seconds is the median time for subjects in his experiment there.  平均时间是15秒半,对于这个试验的对象。
  I love this one. I'll end with this one, just because it's such an obvious and important thing. 我爱这个。我将以这个结束,就因为它是一件很明显很重要的东西。
  How many still don't see it? How many still don't see it?  多少人还没看到?多少人还没看到?
  How many engines on the wing of that Boeing? 那架波音的机翼上有几架引擎?
  Right in the middle of the picture!  就在图片中间!
  OK. Thanks very much for your attention.  感谢你们的聆听。
  What I wanted to show you is that scientists,  我想告诉你们的是科学家,
  using their from-the-outside, third-person methods,  通过利用外部的、第三人称的方法,
  can tell you things about your own consciousness that you would never dream of, 可以告诉你关于内在意识的事情,那是你从未梦想的。
  and that, in fact, you're not the authority on your own consciousness that you think you are. 而且,实际上,你并没有主宰你自己的意识。
  And we're really making a lot of progress on coming up with a theory of mind. 我们正取得很多进步,在研究思想的理论上。
  Jeff Hawkins this morning, was describing his attempt to get theory, and a good, big theory, into the neuroscience. Jeff Hawkins在今早描述了他的尝试,使一个优秀的、大的理论,进入神经科学。
  And he's right. This is a problem.  他是对的。这是个问题。
  Harvard Medical School once -- I was at a talk -- director of the lab said, 哈佛医学院曾经--在一次谈话中--实验室主导说,
  "In our lab, we have a saying.  “在我们实验室,有一种说法。
  If you work on one neuron, that's neuroscience.  如果你研究一个神经元,那就是神经科学。
  If you work on two neurons, that's psychology." 如果研究两个神经元,那就是心理学。”
  We have to have more theory, and it can come as much from the top down. Thank you very much. 我们需要更多的理论,而且他们能够自上而下而来。非常感谢。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/454391.html