TED演讲:科学可以回答道德问题(13)(在线收听

   So, some combustible material there.  让我提出一些争议性的问题

  Whether in this audience or people elsewhere in the world,  这里有某些人,或现在在世界上别的角落
  hearing some of this, may well be doing the screaming-with-rage thing, after as well, some of them. 可能有人听见这个,然后愤怒或尖叫。某些人。
  Language seems to be really important here.  语言似乎是个很重要的元素
  When you're talking about the veil, you're talking about women dressed in cloth bags. 但你提到面罩的时候,你是说那些把全身蒙住的女人吗
  I've lived in the Muslim world, spoken with a lot of Muslim women.  我曾在回教国家居住,和许多回教妇女谈话
  And some of them would say something else. They would say,  她们可能会有别种想法。她们会说
  "No, you know, this is a celebration of female specialness, “不,这是对女性的一种礼赞,凸显我们是特别的,”
  it helps build that and it's a result of the fact that" 这帮助我们这个,而且是因为那个……
  and this is arguably a sophisticated psychological view "that male lust is not to be trusted." 当然这不是一种非常可靠的心理学论点,“你不能信任男人的情欲”
  I mean, can you engage in a conversation with that kind of woman without seeming kind of cultural imperialist? 我们是否可以用一种不带着文化帝国主义的角度和这些女人讨论这些问题
  Yeah, well I think I tried to broach this in a sentence, watching the clock ticking, but the question is: 让我一边看着秒针,一边尝试简短回答这个问题,真正的问题是:
  What is voluntary in a context where men have certain expectations, 这真的是她们的个人意愿吗,在男人期待你戴上面罩
  and you're guaranteed to be treated in a certain way if you don't veil yourself? 如果不戴就必须承受某种后果的状况下?
  And so, if anyone in this room wanted to wear a veil, or a very funny hat, or tattoo their face -- 如果在这个房间里,有任何人想要戴面罩,一个非常可笑的帽子,或是在脸上刺青
  I think we should be free to voluntarily do whatever we want,  我想每个人应该做我们想做的,在自愿的情况下
  but we have to be honest about the constraints that these women are placed under. 但我们必须诚实面对这些女人的处境
  And so I think we shouldn't be so eager to always take their word for it, 我认为我们不应该太快地接受她们的说法
  especially when it's 120 degrees out and you're wearing a full burqa. 尤其在120度高温,而你竟然必须蒙住全身的状况下
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/454428.html