TED演讲:凌晨4点(5)(在线收听) |
And folks, you can buy a copy of Bill Clinton's "My Life" from the bookstore here at TED. 朋友们,你可以买一本比尔克林顿的《我的人生》,就在这里的TED书店里。 Parse it cover to cover for whatever hidden references you want. 你可以从头到尾地找你想找的暗示,
Or you can go to the Random House website where there is this excerpt. 你也可以去兰登书屋网站找到这段节选,
And how far down into it you figure we'll have to scroll to get to the golden ticket? 你猜猜我们得翻多久才能找到“金色入场券”?
Would you believe about a dozen paragraphs? 你相信吗?大概就翻十几段:
This is page 474 on your paperbacks if you're following along: 在平装版的474页,往下找:
"Though it was getting better, I still wasn't satisfied with the inaugural address. “虽然就职演说稿已经改得蛮好了,我还不是很满意。
My speechwriters must have been tearing their hair out 我的撰稿人一定在抓头发了
because as we worked between one and four in the morning on Inauguration Day, I was still changing it." 因为我们从早上一点到凌晨四点一直在改,就在就职的当天我还在改。”
Sure you were, because you've prepared your entire life for this historic quadrennial event that just sort of sneaks up on you. 当然了,你一生都在准备被迫接受这个降临到你头上的四年一度的历史性时刻。
And then -- three paragraphs later we get this little beauty: 然而,三段以后我们发现了这个微妙之处:
"We went back to Blair House to look at the speech for the last time. It had gotten a lot better since 4 a.m." “我们回到布莱尔宫最后看一遍讲稿。凌晨4点以后,讲稿修改得好多了。”
Well, how could it have? 噢,怎么可能呢?
By his own writing, this man was either asleep, 这可是他自己写的,要么他在打瞌睡,
at a prayer meeting with Al and Tipper or learning how to launch a nuclear missile out of a suitcase. 或者和Al和Tipper在祈祷,或者在学怎样用手提箱启动核武器 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/454794.html |