TED演讲:为什么健康的生活方式几乎把我害死(3)(在线收听

   I also tried to be the safest person I could be, because that's a part of health. 我还尽我所能做个最安全的人,因为这也是健康的一部分。

  I was inspired by the Danish Safety Council. 我受到丹麦安全委员会的启发。
  They started a public campaign that says, "A walking helmet is a good helmet." 他们发起一个公益活动,口号是:“步行专用头盔是个好头盔”。
  So they believe you should not just wear helmets for biking, but also for walking around.  他们认为不仅仅要在骑单车的时候戴头盔,走路的时候同样需要。
  And you can see there they're shopping with their helmets. 如你所见,他们连购物都带着头盔。
  Well yeah, I tried that. Now it's a little extreme, I admit.  恩,我也尝试了,我承认这看来有些极端。
  But if you think about this, this is actually -- the "Freakonomics" authors wrote about this 但是如果你想一下,这实际上是因为--《魔鬼经济学》的作者写到过--
  that more people die on a per mile basis from drunk walking than from drunk driving. 以一英里为基准,死于酒后步行的人多过死于酒后驾驶的人。
  So something to think about tonight if you've had a couple. 如果你已经结婚了,你应该思考一下这个问题。
  So I finished, and it was a success in a sense. All of the markers went in the right direction. 所以我完成了这些事情,某种程度上说是成功的。所有的指标都变得正常了。
  My cholesterol went down, I lost weight, my wife stopped telling me that I looked pregnant. 我的胆固醇下降了,体重减轻了,我妻子也不说我看上去像个孕妇了。
  So that was nice. And it was successful overall.  这非常棒。总的来说是成功的。
  But I also learned that I was too healthy, and that was unhealthy.  但是我同样意识到,我过于健康了,这本身也是不健康的。
  I was so focused on doing all these things that I was neglecting my friends and family.  我过度专注于做那些事情,却忽视了我的朋友和家庭。
  And as Dan Buettner can tell you, having a strong social network is so crucial to our health. 就像丹·布特纳告诉大家的那样,拥有一个广泛的社交网对我们的健康至关重要。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/455108.html