TED演讲:为什么健康的生活方式几乎把我害死(4)(在线收听

   So I finished. And I kind of went overboard on the week after the project was over. 我于是停止了这些健康计划。健康计划中止后的一周,我让自己稍微放纵了一下,

  I went to the dark side, and I just indulged myself. It was like something out of Caligula. 开始了不健康的生活方式,尽情放任自己,有点像《罗马帝国艳情史》里那样。
  Without the sex part. Because I have three young kids, so that wasn't happening. 当然这里可没有关于性的部分,因为我已经有三个孩子了。
  But the over-eating and over-drinking, definitely. And I finally have stabilized. 因此不是你想的那样,不过大吃大喝是肯定要有的,最后就稳定下来了。
  So now I'm back to adopting many -- not all;  我保留了许多过去一年中尝试过的方法--当然不是全部,
  I don't wear a helmet anymore -- but dozens of healthy behaviors that I adopted during my year.  我再也不带头盔了,但是还是保留了不少健康的生活习惯。
  It was really a life-changing project. And I, of course, don't have time to go into all of them.  这真是个能够改变生活的计划,当然,我没有足够的时间去逐个体验。
  Let me just tell you two really quickly. 我只简单告诉大家两件事。
  The first is -- and this was surprising to me; I didn't expect this to come out -- but I live a much quieter life now. 首先是--一件让我感到惊讶的事情,我之前并没有抱这个期望--但现在我却有了一个更安静的生活。
  Because we live in such a noisy world. There's trains and planes and cars and Bill O'Reilly, he's very noisy. 我们生活在一个嘈杂的世界,充斥着火车、飞机、汽车,和比尔·奥雷利(美国时事评论员),他吵死了。
  And this is a real underestimated, under-appreciated health hazard -- not just because it harms our hearing,  这的确是一个被低估、被忽视的健康隐患--不仅仅是因为它有损听力,
  which it obviously does, but it actually initiates the fight-or-flight response.  这点是毫无疑问的,它实际上还会让人产生“攻击或逃离”这个心理应急机制。
  A loud noise will get your fight-or-flight response going. 高分贝噪声会让你启动应急机制。
  And this, over the years, can cause real damage, cardiovascular damage. 这样持续数年会造成真正的损伤,心血管损伤。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/455109.html