TED演讲:用前所未有的好方法诠释数字统计(11)(在线收听) |
But I think it's very important to have all this information. We need really to see it. 我认为这些信息很重要。大家很有必要看到这些。 And instead of looking at this, I would like to end up by showing the Internet users per 1,000. 另外,我最后要给大家展示每千人中的网民数量。
In this software, we access about 500 variables from all the countries quite easily. 这个软件能让我们很容易的看到全球各国的近500个参数。
It takes some time to change for this, but on the axises, you can quite easily get any variable you would like to have. 改变需要一些时间,不过通过点击坐标轴,你能轻易改变参数的设定。
And the thing would be to get up the databases free, to get them searchable, 我们的初衷是数据免费下载且易于查找,
and with a second click, to get them into the graphic formats, where you can instantly understand them. 然后再点一下鼠标,数据就成为图表的形式,那样大家就可以立刻看明白这些数据了。
Now, statisticians don't like it, because they say that this will not show the reality; 统计学家们不喜欢这样子,他们认为这不能准确地反映事实,
we have to have statistical, analytical methods. But this is hypothesis-generating. 传统的统计和分析方法是不能取代的,但数据动画可以帮助提出假说。
I end now with the world. There, the Internet is coming. 最后我们看一下当今的互联网世界。
The number of Internet users are going up like this. This is the GDP per capita. 网民数量不断向上攀升,(X轴是)人均国民生产总值。
And it's a new technology coming in, but then amazingly, how well it fits to the economy of the countries. 互联网是一项新技术,但令人惊讶的是,它的普及和国家的经济水平极其一致。
That's why the $100 computer will be so important. But it's a nice tendency. 这也解释了100美元电脑的重要性。但这是很好的趋势。
It's as if the world is flattening off, isn't it? 世界各国的差距将会缩小,不是吗?
These countries are lifting more than the economy and will be very interesting to follow this over the year, 这些国家的互联网普及速度超过了经济的发展速度,
as I would like you to be able to do with all the publicly funded data. Thank you very much. 我也希望大家都可以自由使用公众资助采集的数据。非常感谢! |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/455169.html |