TED演讲:怎样从错误中学习(4)(在线收听

   Fast-forward to Pennsylvania, where I find myself today. 快进到宾州,我现在住的地方。

  I teach at the Science Leadership Academy, 我在科学领导学院教书,
  which is a partnership school between the Franklin Institute and the school district of Philadelphia. 它是富兰克林学院和费城学区协同的合办的。
  We are a nine through 12 public school, but we do school quite differently. 我们是一间9年级到12年级的公立高中,但我们的教学方式很不一样。
  I moved there primarily to be part of a learning environment that validated the way that I knew that kids learned, 我起初搬到那里是为了亲身参与一个教学环境,一个可以证实我所理解孩子可以有效学习方式的方式,
  and that really wanted to investigate what was possible when you are willing to let go of some of the paradigms of the past, 一个愿意探索所有可能性的教学环境,当你愿意放弃一些过去的标准模式,
  of information scarcity when my grandmother was in school and when my father was in school and even when I was in school, 放弃我祖母和我父亲上学的那个年代,甚至是我自己念书的那个年代,因为信息的稀缺,
  and to a moment when we have information surplus. 到一个我们正处于信息过剩的时代。
  So what do you do when the information is all around you? 所以你该怎么处理那些环绕在四周的知识?
  Why do you have kids come to school if they no longer have to come there to get the information? 你为什么要孩子们来学校,如果他们再也不需要特意到学校获得这些知识?
  In Philadelphia we have a one-to-one laptop program, 在宾州,我们有一个人人有笔记本的项目,
  so the kids are bringing in laptops with them everyday, taking them home, getting access to information. 所以这些孩子每天带着他们笔记本电脑,带着电脑回家,随时学习知识。
  And here's the thing that you need to get comfortable with when you've given the tool to acquire information to students, 有一件事你需要学着适应的是,当你给了学生工具,让他们可以自主取得知识,
  is that you have to be comfortable with this idea of allowing kids to fail as part of the learning process. 你得适应一个想法,那就是允许孩子失败,把失败视为学习的一部分。
  We deal right now in the educational landscape with an infatuation with the culture of one right answer 我们现在面对教育大环境,带着一种迷恋单一解答的文化,
  that can be properly bubbled on the average multiple choice test, 一种靠选择题折优的文化,
  and I am here to share with you: it is not learning. 而我在这里要告诉你们,这不是学习。
  That is the absolute wrong thing to ask, to tell kids to never be wrong. 去要求孩子们永远不可以犯错,这绝对是个错误。
  To ask them to always have the right answer doesn't allow them to learn. 要求他们永远都要有正确的解答而不允许他们去学习。
  So we did this project, and this is one of the artifacts of the project. 所以我们实施了这个项目,这就是这个项目中一件作品。
  I almost never show them off because of the issue of the idea of failure. 因为我们对于错误与失败的观念,我几乎从来没有展示过这些。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/455438.html