英语听书《白鲸记》第892期(在线收听

   Imprimis, fifty feet high in his socks; 首先,要高五十英尺;

  then, chest modelled after the Thames Tunnel then, legs with roots to 'em, to stay in one place; then, arms three feet through the wrist; 还有,胸膛得仿照泰晤士河隧道的式样;还有,双腿连根,固定在一个地方;还有,臂膀连肘腕得三英尺长;
  no heart at all, brass forehead, and about a quarter of an acre of fine brains; and let me see—shall I order eyes to see outwards? 心却可以不要,前额是铜打的,脑壳得有四分之一英亩的面积;让我想想看——要不要让他有一对可以向外观看的眼睛?
  No, but put a sky-light on top of his head to illuminate inwards. 不,只消在他头顶上开个天窗,让亮光往里头照就行啦。
  There, take the order, and away. 那么,快给我传令去。
  Now, what's he speaking about, and who's he speaking to, I should like to know? Shall I keep standing here? (aside.) 唷,他在说些什么呀,他在跟谁说话?我倒要弄明白来。我可以老呆在这里嘛?(旁白)
  Tis but indifferent architecture to make a blind dome; here's one. No, no, no; I must have a lantern. 只有蹩脚的建筑师才搞得出黑古隆冬的顶盖(为建筑物的顶盖,这里用以指头。);这里就是这么一只顶盖。不,不,不,我必须要有一只灯笼。"
  Ho, ho! That's it, hey? Here are two, sir; one will serve my turn. 啊,嗬!要这东西么?先生,我这里倒有两只;我一只就够啦。
  What art thou thrusting that thief-catcher into my face for, man? Thrusted light is worse than presented pistols. 喂,你干吗把这支捉贼用的东西直塞到我脸上来?把灯光照着人家比用手枪指着人家还要不对头呀。
  I thought, sir, that you spoke to carpenter. 先生,我想你是在对木匠说话吧。
  Carpenter? why that's—but no;—a very tidy, and, I may say, an extremely gentlemanlike sort of business thou art in here, carpenter; 木匠?这就是——啊,不;——是一种十分整齐的,哼,我得说,你在这里干的是一种非常文雅的营生,木匠;
  疯狂练习吧!
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/455474.html