英语听书《白鲸记》第894期(在线收听

   Where thou feelest tingling life; there, exactly there, there to a hair, do I. Is't a riddle? 那就是使你感到有激动的生命的地方;这地方;就是这地方,真是分毫不差,我就是这么想。这难道是个谜么?

  I should humbly call it a poser, sir. Hist, then. 我要斗胆管它叫个难猜的谜,先生。听着,那么,
  How dost thou know that some entire, living, thinking thing may not be invisibly and uninterpenetratingly standing precisely where thou now standest; 你怎么会知道,在你现在站着的地方不正有个有生气、有思想的东西,人不知鬼不觉地站在那里,
  aye, and standing there in thy spite? 而且是完全叫你不知不觉地站在那里吗?
  In thy most solitary hours, then, dost thou not fear eavesdroppers? Hold, don't speak! 在你最孤寂的时分,难道你不怕有人在偷听么?住嘴,别开口!
  And if I still feel the smart of my crushed leg, though it be now so long dissolved; 如果我还对我那条毁了的腿感到悲痛,尽管到现在早已不痛了;
  then, why mayest not thou, carpenter, feel the fiery pains of hell for ever, and without a body? Hah! 那么,木匠,如果你连身体都没有了,怎么你不会永远对地狱感到非常苦痛呢?哈!
  Good Lord! Truly, sir, if it comes to that, I must calculate over again; I think I didn't carry a small figure, sir. 哎唷!真的,先生,如果是那样的话,我一定要再核计一番;我想我是马马虎虎的,先生。
  Look ye, pudding-heads should never grant premises.—How long before this leg is done? 听着,对牛弹琴叫白搭——。这条腿还得多久才做好?
  Perhaps an hour, sir. 也许得一个钟头,先生。
  Bungle away at it then, and bring it to me (turns to go). Oh, Life. 那么就草草把它弄好算啦,弄好后就送给我,(转身就走)生命啊,
  Here I am, proud as Greek god, and yet standing debtor to this blockhead for a bone to stand on! 我在这里,象希腊神一样高傲,然而,为了要弄一块骨头来支撑我,却须做这傻瓜的债务人!
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/455476.html