TED演讲:解读羞耻(7)(在线收听

   We heard a brilliant simple solution to not killing people in surgery, which is, have a checklist.  我们听说了一个简单有效的方法,来降低手术中病人的死亡率,就是准备一个事项清单。

  You can't fix that problem without addressing shame,  不解决羞耻感就不会有这个方案,
  because when they teach those folks how to suture, they also teach them how to stitch their self-worth to being all-powerful.  因为当他们教那些人(医生)如何缝合的时候,他们也同时教会那些人如何编织自己的自尊,直到认为自己是全能的。
  And all-powerful folks don't need checklists. 而全能的人是不需要事项清单的。
  And I had to write down the name of this TED Fellow so I didn't mess it up here.  这里我不得不把这位TED同伴的名字写下来,以防止弄错。
  Myshkin Ingawale, I hope I did right by you. 梅什金·英格瓦莱,希望我拼对了。
  I saw the TED Fellows my first day here.  在这儿的第一天我见到TED的同伴们。
  And he got up and he explained how he was driven to create some technology to help test for anemia,  他站起来解释是什么驱使他创造某种帮助检测贫血的技术。
  because people were dying unnecessarily.  以防止病人没必要的死亡。
  And he said, "I saw this need. So you know what I did? I made it."  他说:“我看到了这个需要,你猜怎么?我做了一个。”
  And everybody just burst into applause, and they were like "Yes!" And he said, "And it didn't work." 于是全场爆发出掌声,“真棒!”然后他继续说:“但是它不管用。”
  And then I made it 32 more times, and then it worked." 然后我又试了32次, 然后它成了。
  You know what the big secret about TED is? I can't wait to tell people this. I guess I'm doing it right now. 你知道TED最大的秘密是什么吗? 我等不及想告诉大家,我现在就在说吧。
  This is like the failure conference. 这就像是一个失败者的会议。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/455566.html