大家说英语 第478期:接听电话(2)(在线收听

   Is taking messages really necessary? People can call back. 留话真的很重要吗?人们可以打回电话来啊。

  Yes. Taking messages is necessary, Alex! They might have important information for me. 阿莱克斯,留个话很重要!他们可能有重要的信息给我。
  I guess so. What should I write in the messages? 我想也是。我留话要记录些什么?
  Write down people's names and phone numbers. 记下人们的名字和电话号码。
  I can do that. 这我可以做到。
  You can also ask why they are calling. 你也可以问为什么他们打电话过来。
  OK. I can write that in the message, too. 好的。我会在信息中记录下这一点。
  Hi, Alex. How was your day? 嗨,阿莱克斯。今天怎么样?
  It was OK. But I made a mistake. Now Linda is mad at me again. 还好吧。但是我犯了个错误。琳达又生我的气了。
  Really? What did you do? 真的吗?你做了什么?
  I watched the office when she went out. 她出去的时候我盯着办公室来的。
  She can't be mad about that! 她不会对这一点生气的!
  No. She's mad because she didn't receive her phone messages. 是啊。她很生气是因为她没有收到电话留言。
  Why not? 为什么没有?
  I didn't take any messages. 我没有帮她留话。
  Why not? 为什么不留?
  I wasn't sure how. But Linda showed me. 我不确定该怎么留话。但是琳达教了我。
  I learned about phones today, too. 我今天也学到了和电话有关的事情。
  What did you learn? 你学到了什么?
  First, I learned to answer phones at work. Then I learned how to put people on hold. 首先,我学了回复工作相关的电话。然后我学会了怎么让人不挂断电话等候。
  How do you do that? 你要怎么做呢?
  You just say, "Please hold for a minute." 你只要说“请稍等一下”就可以了。
  Now I can do that, too. 现在我也会了。
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/djsyy1/456217.html