TED演讲:用"云"建立一所学校(8)(在线收听) |
So I tested them. I got an educational impossibility, zero to 30 percent in two months in the tropical heat with a computer under the tree in a language they didn't know doing something that's a decade ahead of their time. 跟着我测试了他们。我做了件教育上不可能的事,从零到三十,花了两个月在这热带高温下,用树下的一台设置成他们不会的语言的电脑,做着超前他们那个时代十年的事情。 Absurd. But I had to follow the Victorian norm. 太荒唐了。但我不得不遵循维多利亚时代的标准。
Thirty percent is a fail. How do I get them to pass? 三十分仍然是失败的。我怎样能让他们及格呢?
I have to get them 20 more marks. I couldn't find a teacher. 我得让他们多拿20分。我找不到老师。
What I did find was a friend that they had, a 22-year-old girl who was an accountant and she played with them all the time. 我找到了他们的一个朋友,一个22岁当会计的姑娘,她一直陪他们玩。
So I asked this girl, "Can you help them?" 我问这个姑娘:“你可以帮他们吗?”
So she says, "Absolutely not. I didn't have science in school. I have no idea what they're doing under that tree all day long. I can't help you." 她说:“当然不可以。我在学校没学过自然科学。我不知道他们整天在那棵树下干什么。我帮不了你。”
I said, "I'll tell you what. Use the method of the grandmother." 我说:“我来教你。用祖母的办法。”
So she says, "What's that?" 她问:“那是什么?”
"Stand behind them. Whenever they do anything, you just say, “站在他们身后。不管什么时候他们做了什么,你只要说,
'Well, wow, I mean, how did you do that? What's the next page? Gosh, when I was your age, I could have never done that.' You know what grannies do." ‘好吧,哇欧,我是说,你们怎么做到的?下一页是什么?天啊,我像你们这么大的时候可做不到这些。’你知道祖母会怎么做。”
So she did that for two more months. 于是她照做了两个月。
The scores jumped to 50 percent. Kallikuppam had caught up with my control school in New Delhi, a rich private school with a trained biotechnology teacher. 分数窜升到了50。Kallikuppam追上了我在新德里的对比学校,一个有训练有素的生物老师的昂贵的私立学校。
When I saw that graph I knew there is a way to level the playing field. 看到这张图表时我意识到这是创造公平竞争环境的一种途径。
Here's Kallikuppam. 这是Kallikuppam。
Neurons...communication. 神经元……沟通。 |
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/TEDyj/jyp/456278.html |