跟艾米莉一起学口语 第422期:下着倾盆大雨(在线收听

 It was raining cats and dogs.
下着倾盆大雨。

It rained cats and dogs this morning.
今天上午下着倾盆大雨。
We were about to get home,when it began to rain cats and dogs.
我们快要到家了,这时下起了倾盆大雨。

A:Hi,Cindy.I thought I'd missed you.
嗨,辛迪。我以为我错过你了。
B:I am very sorry,Hans.Thank you for waiting for me.You must have been here for a long time already.
恩,真对不起,汉斯。谢谢你等我。你一定在这儿等很久了。
A:It's all right.
没关系。
B:I was caught in the heavy rain,or I would have come earlier.I am sorry I kept you waiting.
我赶上下雨了,不然我会早点到。很抱歉,让你久等了。
A:I was in a comfortable place,so really,it's no problem.I am happy to see you.Did the rain hold you up long?
我等的地方很舒适,真的,没关系的。我很高兴见到你。你被雨妨碍了很长时间吗?
B:Yes.When I came out of the subway,it was raining cats and dogs.And I forgot my umbrella.So I had to wait for the rain to let up.
是的,我从地铁站一出来,就下着倾盆大雨。而我忘了带伞,所以只好等雨小一点。
A:I totally understand.
我完全理解。

  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/amlxky/459873.html