向前一步:第167期 让你的另一半成为你真正的人生搭档(25)(在线收听) |
This revolution will happen one family at a time. 我相信所有的家庭都会发生这场革命。 The good news is that men in younger generations appear more eager to be real partners than men in previous generations. 好消息是,比起前辈人来,年轻一代的男性更愿意做其伴侣真正的人生搭档。
A survey that asked participants to rate the importance of various job characteristics 一项调查请参与者挑选他们认为最重要的职业特性,
found that men in their forties most frequently selected "work which challenges me" as very important, 40多岁的男性大多认为最重要的是有一份“最有挑战性的工作”,
while men in their twenties and thirties most frequently selected having a job with a schedule that "allows me to spend time with my family." 结果发现,而20多岁、30多岁的男人大多则认为最重要的是有一份能够在时间上“允许我和家人在一起”的工作。
If these trends hold as this group ages, it could signal a promising shift. 如果后面这个群体在年龄渐长后仍能保持这样的想法,就预示着未来的情况很可能会发生改变。
Wonderful, sensitive men of all ages are out there. 在各个年龄阶段都有善解人意、责任感强的好男人。
And the more women value kindness and support in their boyfriends, the more men will demonstrate it. 女性越看重男友的理解与支持,就会有越多的男性想要证明这一点。
Kristina Salen, my friend who devised the tests to screen her dates, 克里斯蒂娜·萨伦,就是我那个设计小测试来考验男友的朋友,
told me that her son insists that when he grows up, he wants to take care of his children "like Daddy does." 告诉我她儿子坚持要求自己长大后要“像爸爸那样”照顾自己的孩子,
She and her husband were thrilled to hear this. 她和丈夫听到后都有些吃惊。
More boys need that role model and that choice. 还有更多的男孩需要这样的典范,以便未来也做出这样的选择。
As more women lean in to their careers, more men need to lean in to their families. 当更多的女性在事业上更加进取时,更多的男性也需要在家庭事务上更加进取。
We need to encourage men to be more ambitious in their homes. 我们要多多鼓励男性在家里的表现更加积极主动。
We need more men to sit at the table. the kitchen table. 我们需要更多的男人往桌前坐——我指的是厨房的案桌。
|
原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xqyb/460040.html |