向前一步:第182期 全能女人是个神话(15)(在线收听

 He explains that "in every senior job I've had I've tried to create an environment of professionalism and the very highest standards. 他解释说,“在我做过的所有高管工作中,我都试着创造一种倡导专业精神、高标准严要求的氛围。

When it was necessary to get a job done, I expected my subordinates to work around the clock. 当必须完成一项工作时,我会期待我的部下鼓足了干劲儿工作。
When that was not necessary, I wanted them to work normal hours, go home at a decent time, play with the kids, 如果不是当天必须完成的,我就希望他们能正常工作,正常上下班,回家陪孩子们玩耍,
enjoy family and friends, read a novel, clear their heads, daydream, and refresh themselves. 享受和家人、朋友在一起的时光。有空的时候读一本小说,整理一下自己的思绪,做做白日梦,让自己劳逸结合。
I wanted them to have a life outside the office. 我希望员工在工作之外拥有自己的生活,
I am paying them for the quality of their work, not for the hours they work. 我给他们薪水是基于他们的工作质量,而不是工作时间。
That kind of environment has always produced the best results for me." 所以,我创造的这种工作氛围通常会取得最好的工作业绩。”
A related issue that affects many Americans is the extension of working hours. 工作时间的延长影响了许多美国人的生活。
In 2009, married middle-income parents worked about eight and a half hours more per week than in 1979. 2009年与1979年相比,中等收入水平的员工每周工作时间多出8.5个小时。
This trend has been particularly pronounced among professionals and managers, especially men. 这种增长趋势在专业人士和中高层管理人员(特别是男性)身上尤其明显。
A survey of high-earning professionals in the corporate world 对企业界高收入专业人士的调查发现,
found that 62 percent work more than fifty hours a week and 10 percent work more than eighty hours per week. 62%的人每周工作超过50个小时,10%的人每周工作超过80个小时。欧洲各国则没有出现这种趋势,因为限制工作时间的国家政策已经得到了落实。
Technology, while liberating us at times from the physical office, has also extended the workday. 科学技术虽然能把我们从实际的办公室中解放出来,但相对也延长了工作时间。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xqyb/463389.html