英语听书《白鲸记》第924期(在线收听

 But once gone through, we trace the round again; and are infants, boys, and men, and Ifs eternally. 可是,走遍了一周后,我们又重新走回头来,于是,又是孩提,少年,成人,和永远不变的"假定"。

Where lies the final harbor, whence we unmoor no more? 最后的港口在哪里?什么时候才不再拔锚解缆?
In what rapt ether sails the world, of which the weariest will never weary? 世界是在什么狂热的灵气中航驶,才使最疲累的人永不疲累?
Where is the foundling's father hidden? 弃儿的父亲躲在哪里?
Our souls are like those orphans whose unwedded mothers die in bearing them: 我们的灵魂就跟那些孤儿一样,他们那些未经结合的母亲在生下他们时就死掉了:
the secret of our paternity lies in their grave, and we must there to learn it. 我们的父道的秘密深埋在她们的坟墓里,我们非到那地方去弄明白不可。
And that same day, too, gazing far down from his boat's side into that same golden sea, Starbuck lowly murmured: 就在那一天,斯达巴克也打艇舷边俯瞪着那个金黄色的大海,轻轻地喃喃道:
Loveliness unfathomable, as ever lover saw in his young bride's eyes! 可爱的深不可测的大海,年轻新娘眼里的情人!
Tell me not of thy teeth-tiered sharks, and thy kidnapping cannibal ways. 别对我说你海里有张牙露齿的鲨鱼,有野蛮的拐诱花样。
Let faith oust fact; let fancy oust memory; I look deep down and do believe. 让信义代替事实,让幻想代替记忆;我往下细看,我相信了。
And Stubb, fish-like, with sparkling scales, leaped up in that same golden light: 斯塔布,象条鱼,晃着金光闪闪的鱼鳞,在那金碧辉煌的光芒中跳了起来:
I am Stubb, and Stubb has his history; but here Stubb takes oaths that he has always been jolly! 我是斯塔布,斯塔布有他自己的来历;不过,我斯塔布要在这里发誓:他一直是快快活活的!
Chapter 115 The Pequod Meets The Bachelor 第一百十五章 "裴廓德号"遇到"单身汉号"
And jolly enough were the sights and the sounds that came bearing down before the wind, some few weeks after Ahab's harpoon had been welded. 亚哈的标枪焊过后的几个星期,顺风而来的声声色色可真教人快活。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/syysdw/bjj/464724.html