欧美人文风情第79篇:表演大师破解扒手秘技(在线收听

 Do you think it's possible to control someone's attention? 你觉得控制某人的注意力是有可能的吗?

Even more than that, what about predicting human behavior? 不仅如此,那预测人类的行为呢?
I think those are interesting ideas, if you could. I mean, for me, that'd be the perfect superpower, 我认为那些是很有趣的想法,如果你可以的话。我是说,对我而言,那会是很完美的超能力,
actually kind of an evil way of approaching it. 事实上有点像是接近它的邪恶方式。
But for myself, in the past, I've spent the last twenty years studying human behavior from a rather unorthodox way: picking pockets. 但我自己本身,在过去,我花了过去二十年研究人类行为,用的是一种颇非正统的方式:扒窃。
When we think of misdirection, we think of something as looking off to the side, 当我们想到错误指引,我们想到一些像是看向一旁的事,
when actually it's often that things are right in front of us. 然而实际上事实通常是事物就在我们面前。
They are the hardest things to see, the things that you look at every day that you're blinded to. 它们是最难看到的东西,你每天都注视着、却视而不见的东西。
For example, how many of you still have your cell phones on you right now? Great. Double-check. 举例来说,你们有多少人现在还随身带着你的手机?很好。再确认一次。
Make sure you still have them on you. I was doing some shopping beforehand. 确保你还随身带着它们。我是在事前物色一下。
Now you've looked at them probably a few times today,  现在你今天大概已经看过它们几次了,
but I'm gonna ask you a question about them without looking at your cell phone directly yet. 但在你还没有直接看手机的情况下,我要问你一个关于它们的问题。
Can you remember the icon in the bottom right corner? 你可以记得底部右下角的图标吗?
Bring them out, check, and see how accurate you were. 把它们拿出来,检查,看你有多正确。
How'd you do? Show your hands.Did we get it? 你做得如何?举起手。我们有猜对吗?
Now that you're done looking at those, close them down, because every phone has something in common: 既然你看完那些了,把它们关上,因为每支手机都有一些共同之处:
No matter how you organize the icons, you still have a clock on the front. 不论你怎么组织那些图标,你在前方还是有个时钟。
So, without looking at your phone, what time was it? You just looked at your clock, right? 所以,不要看你的手机,那是几点?你刚看了你的时钟,对吧?
It's an interesting idea. Now, I'll ask you to take that step further with a game of trust. 这是个很有趣的想法。现在,我要请你更进一步来玩信任游戏。
Close your eyes. I realize I'm asking you to do that while you just heard there's a pickpocket in the room, 闭上你的眼睛。我理解就在你们才听到这房里有扒手时我还要叫你们做这件事,
but close your eyes. Now, you've been watching me for about thirty seconds. 但闭上你的双眼。现在,你们已经看着我看了大约三十秒。
With your eyes closed, what am I wearing? Make your best guess. 闭上你的双眼,我穿什么?尽你所能去猜。
What color is my shirt? What color is my tie? Now open your eyes. 我的衬衫是什么颜色?我的领带是什么颜色?现在睁开你的眼睛。
By showing hands, were you right? 举起手,你答对了吗?
It's interesting, isn't it? Some of us are a little bit more perceptive than others. 这很有趣,对吧?我们有些人比其他人更敏锐一点。
It seems that way. But I have a different theory about that: that model of attention. 似乎是这样的。但关于那个我有不同的理论:那注意力的模式。
They have fancy models of attention: Posner's trinity model of attention. 他们有很花俏的注意力模式:Posner的三种注意力模式。
For me, I like to think of it very simple, like a surveillance system. 对我来说,我喜欢把它想得非常简单,像是一个监视系统。
It's kind of like you have all these fancy sentries, and inside your brain there's a little security guard. 有点像是你拥有所有这些花俏的哨兵,而在你脑中有个小小的保安人员。
For me, I like to call him Frank. 我呢,我喜欢叫他Frank。
So, Frank is sitting at a desk. He's got all sorts of cool information in front of him, high-tech equipment. 所以,Frank正坐在桌前。他面前有各种很酷的资讯、高科技的装备。
He's got cameras. He's got a little phone that he can pick up, listen through the ears: 他有相机。他有可以接起来的小电话、可以用耳朵聆听的:
all these senses, all these perceptions. But attention is what steers your perceptions. 所有这些感官能力、所有这些知觉。但注意力是掌控你知觉的东西。
It's what controls your reality. It's the gateway to the mind. 它是控制你现实的东西。它是通往内心的途径。
If you don't attend to something, you can't be aware of it. 如果你不专注于某件事,你就无法察觉到它。
But ironically, you can attend to something without being aware of it. 但讽刺的是,你可以在没有察觉到的情况下致力于某件事。
That's why there's the cocktail effect: When you're in a party, you're having conversations with someone, 那也就是为什么有鸡尾酒效应:当你在一场派对上,你正与某人谈话,
and yet you can recognize your name and you didn't even realize you were listening to that. 然而你可以分辨出你的名字,且你甚至没有意会到你正在留神听着它。
Now, for my job, I have to play with techniques to exploit this, to play with your attention as a limited resource. 现在,为了我的工作,我必须耍些技巧来利用这个,把你的注意力当作是种有限资源来耍弄。
So if I could control how you spend your attention, if I could maybe steal your attention through a distraction... 所以如果我可以控制你投入注意力的方式,如果我也许可以透过分心来偷走你的注意力...
Now, instead of doing it like misdirection and throwing it off to the side, instead, what I choose to focus on is Frank: 现在,我不要做得像错误指引一样,把它丢到一旁,反之,我选择要注意的是Frank:
to be able to play with the Frank inside your head, your little security guard, 要能够和你脑中的Frank玩,你的小小保全,
and get you, instead of focusing on your external senses, just to go internal for a second. 且让你不要专注在你的外部知觉上,就只要专注于内部一会儿。
So if I ask you to access a memory, like "What is that?" "What just happened?" 所以如果我请你存取一段记忆,像是“那是什么?”“刚发生了什么事?”
"Do you have a wallet?" "Do you have an American Express in your wallet?" “你有钱包吗?”“你钱包里有美国运通卡吗?”
And when I do that, your Frank turns around. He accesses the file. He has to rewind the tape. 当我这样做的时候,你的Frank转过身。他取得档案。他需要回转影带。
And what's interesting is, he can't rewind the tape at the same time that he's trying to process new data. 有趣的是,他不能在试着处理新资料的同时回转影带。
Now, I mean, this sounds like a good theory, but I could talk for a long time and tell you lots of things, 现在,我是说,这听起来像是个好理论,但我可以讲上好长一段时间并告诉你很多事,
and they may be true, a portion of them, but I think it's better if I tried to show that to you here live. 它们也许是真的,它们其中一部分,但我认为如果我试着在现场展示给你们看会比较好。
So if I come down, I'm gonna do a little bit of shopping. Just hold still where you are. 所以如果我走下来,我要物色一下。就在你们的位子不要动。
Hello! How are you? It's lovely to see you. You did a wonderful job on stage.  哈喽!你好吗?见到你真好。你在台上做得很好。
You have a lovely watch that doesn't come off very well. Do you have your ring as well? Good.  你有一支非常不容易脱下来的漂亮手表。你也有戴戒指吗?很好。
Just taking inventory, you're like a buffet. It's hard to tell where to start.  只是清点一下,你像自助餐一样。很难判断要从何处开始下手。
There are so many great things. Hi! How are you? Good to see you. 有太多好东西了。嗨!你好吗?见到你真好。
Hi, sir, could you stand up for me, please? Just right where you are. Oh, you're married. 嗨,先生,你可以为我站起来吗,拜托?就在你坐的地方。喔,你结婚了。
You follow directions well. That's nice to meet you, sir. 你很会遵循指示。很高兴认识你,先生。
You don't have a whole lot inside your pockets. Anything down by the pocket over here? 你在口袋里面没有很多东西。在口袋那里下面有任何东西吗?
Hopefully so. Have a seat. There you go. You're doing well. 希望如此。请坐。就这样。你做得很好。
Hi, sir! How are you? Good to see you, sir. You have a ring, a watch. 嗨,先生,你好吗?很高兴见到你,先生,你有一枚戒指、一支表。
Do you have a wallet on you? I don't. Well, we'll find one for you. Come on up this way, Joe. 你身上有钱包吗?我没有。好的,我们会找一个给你。从这边上来,Joe。
Give Joe a round of applause. Come on up, Joe. Let's play a game. Pardon me. 给Joe一轮掌声。上来,Joe。来玩个游戏。不好意思。
I don't think I need this clicker anymore. You can have that. Thank you very much. 我不认为我还需要这个遥控器了。你可以留着。非常谢谢你。
I appreciate that. Come on up to the stage, Joe. Let's play a little game now. 我很感激。上来舞台,Joe。现在来玩个小游戏。
Do you have anything in your front pockets? Money. Money! 你前口袋里有任何东西吗?钱。钱!
All right, let's try that. Can you stand right over this way for me? 好的,来试试。你可以请你站过来这边吗?
Turn around and let's see. If I give you something that belongs to me...this is just something I have, a poker chip. 转过去,来看看,如果我给你某些属于我的东西...这只是某个我有的东西,一枚扑克牌筹码。
Hold out your hand for me. Watch it kind of closely. Now this is a task for you to focus on. 帮我伸出你的手。仔细一点看看它。现在这是一件让你专注的任务。
Now you have your money in your front pocket here? Yup. Good. 现在你在前方口袋那里有钱?是的。很好。
I'm not going to actually put my hand in your pocket. I'm not ready for that kind of commitment. 我事实上没有要把我的手放进你的口袋。我还没准备好做出那种承诺。
One time a guy had a hole in his pocket, and that was rather traumatizing for me. 有一次有个人在他的口袋有个洞,而那对我来说精神受创蛮深的。
I was looking for his wallet and he gave me his phone number. It was a big miscommunication. 我在找他的钱包,而他给了我他的电话号码。那是次很重大的传达失误。
So let's do this simply. Squeeze your hand. Squeeze it tight. 所以来简单点做这件事。紧握你的手。牢牢地握紧。
Do you feel the poker chip in your hand? I do. 你有感受到扑克牌筹码在你手里吗?有。
Would you be surprised if I could take it out of your hand? Say "yes." 如果我可以从你手中将它取走你会很惊讶吗?说“会”。
Very. Good. Open your hand. Thank you very much. I'll cheat if you give me a chance. 非常惊讶。很好。张开你的手。非常感谢你。如果你给我个机会我会作弊。
Make it harder for me. Just use your hand. 让我难做一点。就用你的手。
Grab my wrist, but squeeze, squeeze firm. Did you see it go? No. No, it's not here. 抓住我的手腕,但紧握着,牢牢地紧握。你有看到它跑掉吗?
Open your hand. See, while we're focused on the hand, it's sitting on your shoulder right now. 没有。不,它不在那。张开你的手。你瞧,当我们专注在手上时,它现在正坐在你的肩膀上。
Go and take it off. Now, let's try that again. Hold your hand out flat. Open it up all the way. 去把它拿下来。现在,再试一次。伸出你的手平放。整个张开。
Put your hand up a little bit higher, but watch it close there, Joe. 把你的手举高一点点,但仔细看这里,Joe。
See, if I did it slowly, it'd be back on your shoulder. 瞧,如果我慢慢地做,它会回到你的肩膀上。
Joe, we're gonna keep doing this till you catch it. You're gonna get it eventually. Joe,我们要一直做这个直到你理解它。你最后会理解的。
I have faith in you. Squeeze firm. You're human; you're not slow. It's back on your shoulder. 我对你有信心。牢牢地握紧。你是人类;你并不迟缓。它回到你的肩膀上。
You were focused on your hand. That's why you were distracted. 你专注在你的手上。那也是为什么你分心了。
While you were watching this, I couldn't quite get your watch off. It was difficult. 当你看着这个时,我不能完全把你的手表取下。那很困难。
Yet you had something inside your front pocket. Do you remember what it was? Money. 然而你在前面的口袋里有一些东西。你记得是什么吗?钱。
Check your pocket. See if it's still there. Is it still there? Oh, that's where it was. 检查你的口袋。看它是否还在那。还在那吗?喔,那是它的所在。
Go ahead and put it away. We're just shopping. This trick's more about the timing, really. 去把它收起来。我们只是在物色。这个把戏更注重于时机,真的。
I'm gonna try to push it inside your hand. Put your other hand on top for me, would you? 我要试着把它推进你的手。把你的另一只手放到上面,可以吗?
It's amazingly obvious now, isn't it? It looks a lot like the watch I was wearing, doesn't it? 现在这变得令人惊讶地明显了,不是吗?它看起来非常像我正戴着的表,对吗?
But it's only a start. Let's try it again a little bit differently. Hold your hands together. 但这只是开始。稍微不一样地再试一次。把你的手握在一起。
Put your other hand on top. Now if you're watching this little token, this obviously has become a little target. 把你另一支手摆到上方。现在如果你正看着这个小代币,这很明显地变成一个小目标。
It's like a red herring. If we watch this kind of close, it looks like it goes away. 它像一个转移注意力的东西。如果我们这么仔细地看它,它看起来像是它跑走了。
It's not back on your shoulder. It falls out of the air, lands right back in the hand. 它没有回到你肩上。它从空中掉落,正好降落在手中。
Did you see it go? 你有看到它跑掉吗?
Yeah, it's funny. We've got a little guy. He works up there all day. 对,这很好笑。我们有个小伙子。他整天在上头工作。
If I did it slowly, if it goes straightaway, it lands down by your pocket. 如果我慢慢地做,如果它直接跑掉,它会降落在你的口袋里。
I believe it is in this pocket, sir? No, don't reach in your pocket. That's a different show. 我相信它在这口袋里,先生?不,不要伸进你的口袋。那是不同的表演。
So that's rather strange. They have shots for that. 那有点怪怪的。他们尝试过了那个。
Can I show them what that is? That's rather bizarre. Is this yours, sir? 我可以给他们看这是什么吗?那有点怪异。这是你的吗,先生?
I have no idea how that works. We'll just send that over there. 我不晓得那如何运作的。我们就将这送过去那儿。
That's great. I need help with this one. Step over this way for me. Now don't run away. 那很棒。这个我需要帮助。请站过来这边。现在别跑开。
You had something down by your pants pocket. I was checking mine. I couldn't find everything. 你在裤子的口袋下面有些东西。我在检查我的。我找不到每件东西。
But I noticed you had something here. Can I feel the outside of your pocket for a moment? 但我注意到这里你有些东西。我可以感受一下你的口袋外面吗?
Down here I noticed this. Is this something of yours, sir? Is this? I have no idea. 在下面我注意到这个。这是你的某个东西吗,先生?这是吗?我不晓得。
That's a shrimp. I'm saving it for later. 那是只虾子。我留着待会吃。
You've entertained all of these people in a wonderful way, better than you know. 你用很棒的方式娱乐了所有这些人,比你所知的还要棒。
So we'd love to give you this lovely watch as a gift. Hopefully it matches his taste. 所以我们会很想把这支漂亮的手表送你当礼物。希望它符合他的品味。
But also, we have a couple of other things: a little bit of cash, and then we have a few other things. 但同样地,我们有几件其他的东西:一点点现金,然后我们有几个其他东西。
These all belong to you, along with a big round of applause from all your friends. 这些全属于你,连同来自你所有朋友的一轮响亮掌声。
Joe, thank you very much. Joe,非常感谢你。
So, same question I asked you before, but this time you don't have to close your eyes. 所以,我之前问过你们的相同问题,但这次你们不需要闭上双眼。
What am I wearing? Attention is a powerful thing. Like I said, it shapes your reality. 我穿着什么?注意力是一个很强大的东西。就像我说过的,它形塑了你的现实。
So, I guess I'd like to pose that question to you: If you could control somebody's attention, 所以,我猜我想要丢这个问题给你:如果你可以控制某人的注意力,
what would you do with it? Thank you. 你会用它做什么?谢谢你。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/465507.html