向前一步:第191期 全能女人是个神话(24)(在线收听

 She spent twenty minutes reciting from memory the name of every child, 结果她用20分钟告诉我班上每个孩子的名字,

detailing their parents, siblings, which class they had been in the year before, and their interests. 并描述他们的父母、兄弟姐妹,以及他们各自的兴趣爱好。
How could she possibly know all this? 她怎么可能把这些全记住?
Was I a bad mother for not knowing any of this? 我对此一无所知,这是不是说明我是个糟糕的母亲?
And why should it even bother me? 而且,我为什么会为此烦恼?
I knew the answer to that last question. 对于最后一个问题,我知道答案。
It bothered me because like most people who have choices, I am not completely comfortable with mine. 烦恼的原因在于我对自己的选择也并不完全满意。
Later that same year, I dropped my son off at school on St. Patrick's Day. 还是那一年,我有一次送孩子上学。
As he got out of the car wearing his favorite blue T-shirt, the same mother pointed out, "He's supposed to be wearing green today." 他穿着最喜欢的蓝色T恤,刚一下车,那位无所不知的母亲就说:“今天是圣帕特里克节,他应该穿绿色的衣服。”
I simultaneously thought, Oh, who the hell can remember that it's St. Patrick's Day? 噢,谁记得今天是圣帕特里克节?然后我心里想,
and I'm a bad mom Guilt management can be just as important as time management for mothers. 我真是个糟糕的妈妈。对母亲来说,控制负罪感和时间管理一样重要。
When I went back to my job after giving birth, other working mothers told me to prepare for the day that my son would cry for his nanny. 当我休完产假回去工作时,其他上班族妈妈都告诉我要有心理准备,因为有一天我儿子可能会哭着要保姆而不是妈妈。
Sure enough, when he was about eleven months old, he was crawling on the floor of his room and put his knee down on a toy. 果不其然,当他11个多月大,能在自己房间的地板上爬来爬去,有一次被玩具绊倒了,
He looked up for help, crying, and reached for her instead of me. 他大哭着向保姆而不是我伸出小手。
It pierced my heart, but Dave thought it was a good sign. 我十分难过,但戴夫认为这是个好兆头,
He reasoned that we were the central figures in our son's life, but forming an attachment to a caregiver was good for his development. 他的理由是,在儿子的生活中我们是核心人物,但对照顾他的人形成一种依恋感则有利于他的成长。
I understood his logic, especially in retrospect, but at the time, it hurt like hell. 我理解他的逻辑,尤其是现在,但当时我真是难过得要死。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/xqyb/465517.html