欧美人文风情第103篇:火车男(在线收听

 Hi, I'm Jason Shron, and I love VIA trains. 嗨!我是Jason Shorn,我爱 VIA火车。

In fact, I love VIA trains so much I built one in my house. 事实上,我太爱VIA火车,爱到自己在家里盖了一辆。
So here's my basement, and here's my Doctor Who toys, and that's my full-size VIA train. 这就是我的地下室,这些是我的《异世奇人》玩具,然后那是我的实体大小VIA火车。
It took me four and a half years and two thousand and five hundred dollars to build this VIA train in my basement, 我花了四年半以及两千五百美金在我的地下室打造了这辆VIA火车,
and here it is in twenty-six seconds. 就在以下二十六秒中。
I still have a letter from 1987. I was twelve years old, and VIA rail was telling me, 我还有一封1987年的信。我当时十二岁,然后VIA铁路告诉我:
"We're sorry, Mr. Shron, but we can't sell you any seats from our trains." “很抱歉,Shron先生,不过我们不能卖给你任何我们火车上的座椅。”
The train is where I feel most at home. Its where I feel most at peace. 火车是我感到最自在的地方。它是让我最感到最平静的地方。
It's this bubble of comfort, especially when it's hurdling along at eighty-five miles per hour with the snow and the rain pelting on the outside. 它是个舒适的小天地,尤其是当它在以每小时八十五英里(约137公里)的速度冲刺时,雪和雨水猛击着车外。
It's just the perfect perfect place. 它简直就是最完美的地方。
At this end of the car on the real train is the bathroom. 在真正火车车箱的这个末端是洗手间。
I replaced the bathroom with my record collection and turntable and all that, 我用我的唱片珍藏和唱片转盘以及全部那些东西给取代了洗手间,
and the plan was to be able to chill out and just listen to music, 计划原是要能放轻松、就听听音乐,
but to be honest, I kinda just like listening to the train sounds. 但老实说,我好像就是喜欢倾听火车的声音。
This is amazing. I've got a photo mirror of the next car, where the next car is supposed to go, 这超神奇的。我有个下一节车厢的镜像,那是下一节车厢该在的地方,
so you think you're on a train, with another car. 所以你觉得身在一辆火车上,有着另一节车厢。
It's details like these that make this train so real for me. 就是像这些细节使这辆火车对我来说这么逼真。
Ever since I was a kid I wanted to have a VIA train in my basement, 从孩提时代我就一直想要在地下室拥有一辆VIA火车,
but you can only find stuff like the garbage can if you actually have a real VIA train, 但仅在如果你实际上拥有一辆真正的VIA火车时,你才能找到像垃圾桶之类的东西,
and that's what happened. Some friends and I found out about VIA train car number 5647. 而那就是发生的事情。我和一些朋友发现了关于VIA火车车厢5647号的事。
It was going to be scraped. 它要被送去拆解。
So we got ahold of it before it was scraped, and we took all these original parts out of it, 所以我们在它被拆解前得到了它,然后我们把所有这些原厂零件从中取出,
like the garbage can, the coat hooks, the gena-motor light, the first aid box, 像是垃圾桶,大衣挂勾,动力发电指示灯,急救箱,
the groovy 70's carpet, that basket for your time table, the conductor's valve, 时髦的70年代地毯,那个放时刻表的篮子,车长阀(紧急刹车用),
the folding gate, the radiator covers, and of course, all the comfy chairs. 折叠栅栏,散热器遮罩,还有当然,所有的舒适座椅。
That's it. The guy with the train in his basement. You too can have a train in your basement. 就是这样。地下室里有辆火车的老兄。你也能在地下室拥有一辆火车。
You just need two things: you need to be completely insane, 你只需要两样东西:你得要是完全疯狂的,
and you have to have an amazing wife. 而且你得要有位超赞的老婆。
See ya. 再见喽。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/465609.html