欧美人文风情第117篇:美国人的双语教学(在线收听

 Well, I met the international school, and just like the name says, kids here are receiving an international immersion education totally immersed in Chinese, Japanese or Spanish. 当我遇见国际学校,正如它的名字一样,这边的孩子们接受一种国际化融入式教育,完全融入于中文,日文或西班牙文之中。

So will this be a good fit for your child? Let's find out. 所以这适合你的孩子吗?让我们看下去。
When I heard about the school, I realized this is the best time to learn Spanish, 当我听说这所学校,我了解这是学西班牙文最好的时机,
and what a great gift to give my kids. 这是给我孩子们多棒的礼物啊。
There's a warmth in Mexican Culture. There's a warmth in Puerto Rican culture. 有墨西哥文化的温暖。有波多黎各文化的温暖。
And that I think is really special. I'm drawn to that. 而我认为那是很特别的。我对那很感兴趣。
And I loved that my kids are immersed in that kind of culture. 而且我喜欢我的孩子们融入那样的文化中。
I did have that feeling driving away like, "Did I tell them about that part, about that it's all gonna be in Spanish, 我的确不再有那样的想法,像是“我曾告诉他们那部分了吗?
and that they won't understand probably most of it the first day?" 关于它将全是西班牙文,还有他们第一天大概大部分都听不懂?”
Like, "Did I fill them in on that part of the school?" 像是“我曾把他们放在学校的那个程度吗?”
When they come to be with us, they are being part of different cultures. 当他们来到我们这里,成为不同文化的一份子。
So they get immersed not just in the language, but in the culture that each teacher represents. 所以他们不只是融入这语言,而是融入每位老师所代表的文化之中。
You don't just teach the language. You know, you teach them your culture. 你不只是教语言。你知道,你教导他们你的文化。
And that's what I think is so wonderful about this kind of education. 而那正就是我认为关于这种教育很棒的地方。
It's your learning language in the normal context of your everyday life. 它就是你从日常生活正常的内容中学习语言。
But that optimal window for learning languages is age three to eleven, 但学语言最理想的时限是三到十一岁,
and so that's the gift that I'm trying to give my kids by sending them here. 因此送他们来这里正是我试着给我孩子们的礼物。
So take advantage of that window of time. 所以要好好利用那阶段的时间。
Yeah. Have they surpassed you in their Spanish ability yet? Of course! Of course they have. 是啊。他们的西班牙文能力超越你了没?当然!当然他们已经超过我了。
It was a little humbling, first time my four-year-old corrected my Spanish. 说来有点丢脸,我家四岁那个第一次纠正我的西班牙文。
He said no. "No, it's Siethe." I said, "Yes, Siethe." "No..." And I could just see in his little... 他说不对:“不,是Siethe。”我说:“是啊,Siethe。”“不...”然后我就能从他小小的身上看到一点...
like, "You just...you've almost got it, but not quite, mom." 像是,“你就...你差点就成功了,但还没成功,老妈。”
There's a subtle difference between "learning about other cultures so that you could appreciate diversity," and "learning in a culturally diverse environment. 在“学习其他的文化以让你欣赏彼此的不同”和“在多样文化下的环境中学习 -
You have to be prepared to be very involved." 你必须准备好置身其中”之间有很微妙的差别。
So every family commits twenty-five hours of volunteer effort here a year. 所以每个家庭每年在此投入二十五小时志工服务。
And most families surpass that three and four fold. 而且大部分的家庭会超过这个服务量的三、四倍。
The intangible benefit that is so hard to articulate. 那无形的利益很难去说清楚的。
Every parent wants their child to be prepared for school and for work and to be citizen to be out there in the world. 每个父母都想要他们的孩子为上学和工作准备好,并成为世界公民。
Rather than just surviving in that world, I think they are gonna thrive in that world. 我认为他们将会蓬勃发展,而不仅仅是苟活于世。
Well, what an exciting place to learn and you know I have a six and an eight-year-old. 嗯,多么令人兴奋的学习场所,你知道我有个六岁和一个八岁的孩子。
And ... Having seen all this, it makes me think that I...perhaps should have given more thought to the option of immersion education a little earlier. 而且...看到这所有的一切,它使我想起,我...也许应该更早好好思考融入式教育的选择。
Hopefully for you, it's not too late. I'm Tony Martinez. Thanks for watching. 希望对你来说,它还不会太晚。我是Tony Martinez。谢谢收看。
 
  原文地址:http://www.tingroom.com/lesson/omrwfq/465622.html